[SOLVED] Temperature spikes on ryzen 5 3600.

Sep 27, 2020
Hi, I have doubts about my new Ryzen 5 3600 processor, the same while I am at the desk or playing has temperature spikes. It goes up to certain degrees and goes down slightly, and this repeats constantly. I would like to know if this is normal or is it something that I should be aware of. Thank you!

Solution
Hi, I have doubts about my new Ryzen 5 3600 processor, the same while I am at the desk or playing has temperature spikes. It goes up to certain degrees and goes down slightly, and this repeats constantly. I would like to know if this is normal or is it something that I should be aware of. Thank you!
Yes, it's perfectly normal and expected as the processor boosts, especially at idle. There are dozens of temp sensors all over the CPU and it reports only the hottest one anytime it boosts.

It can cause fans to pulse if you set a fan curve that's too 'tight'. I'd suggest setting a flat, barely audible fan speed up to about 70C then start ramping up from there. Only start getting very loud at about 80-85C, with 100% only at about...
Yes, it's perfectly normal and expected as the processor boosts, especially at idle. There are dozens of temp sensors all over the CPU and it reports only the hottest one anytime it boosts.

It can cause fans to pulse if you set a fan curve that's too 'tight'. I'd suggest setting a flat, barely audible fan speed up to about 70C then start ramping up from there. Only start getting very loud at about 80-85C, with 100% only at about 95C which is TJmax.

Solution