temperature while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo23

Honorable
May 27, 2013
i have a MSI dominator 216
Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz, 6MB Cache)
nvidia gtx 970M 6MB

and i get an average cpu temperature of 80 degrees Celcius while playing Battlefield Hardline, at 1080p
And the gpu an averag of 60-70 degrees.
Does this temperature damages my laptop?

Pd: i've got an cooling pad and the laptop fans go for 2000rpm even though i could boost them for 3000rpm and lower the cpu temperature

Solution
That is a bit on the high side. It shouldn't damage the laptop as I have been gaming on my laptop with those specs. The only things I have had to do is throttle the cpu to 60% rather than using 100 and remove the battery. But you shouldn't have to do the same as your laptop is designed for gaming whereas mine is not.

Ronaldo23

Honorable
May 27, 2013

so 80 celsius won't make any type of damage? not that i plan to have sessions of more than 3 o 4 hours

11sphere92

Distinguished

Well i see someone gaming for 80C for like 3 years, and all is fine.
If you are afraid of it. Lower your graphic in the games, example the battlefield hardline, turn off the anti-aliasing or some graphic effects. Shadow etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1889868/gpu-temperature-degrees.html - Another people asking the same question for laptop btw.

That is a bit on the high side. It shouldn't damage the laptop as I have been gaming on my laptop with those specs. The only things I have had to do is throttle the cpu to 60% rather than using 100 and remove the battery. But you shouldn't have to do the same as your laptop is designed for gaming whereas mine is not.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts