[SOLVED] temperatures Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 Windforce 8g

xxNeJsxx

Prominent
Nov 22, 2019
I own a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 Windforce 8g (https://www.gigabyte.com/be/Graphics-Card/GV-N2080WF3-8GC#kf ) for a year now
I'm a but worried about the temperatures of it (i don't know the temps when i used it at the beginning)
I searched a lot of benchmark tests on youtube and internet and a lot of people don't even go over 70 degrees.
Also temp limit in MSI Afterburner on default is 83 ( I don't know if this indicates the real limit?)

Example: When playing star wars Jedi fallen order or F12019 (max settings - 1920 x 1080) i'm getting temperatures up to 78 degrees max (room +- 25 degrees) I tried to change direction of fans to optimize airflow but i'm getting the same results.
Idle temperature: 46 degrees max

Thanks in advance

Solution
I wouldn't even worry about it. Some cards run hotter than others. It will only limit your overclocking results which if you're not overclocking anyway I wouldn't worry. You could also always just push the power and temp limit up. That would give you better performance for free. Although the card will run a bit hotter even 80c is fine. I doubt you'll hit the temp limit even if you raise the power limit. I'm guessing even if you overclocked you probably would not hit the temp limit. You would most likely be limited by power draw. Either way I wouldn't worry. The card can't overheat unless it has a serious cooling problem.
Can you provide some insight about your pc case and fans and also specs of rest of your components? Bad airflow will result in a temp build-up as gpus will exhaust hot air inside the case. Temp limit has nothing to do with it, it will simply make your gpu throttle when touching 83 C to prevent going higher.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Some cards run hotter than others. It will only limit your overclocking results which if you're not overclocking anyway I wouldn't worry. You could also always just push the power and temp limit up. That would give you better performance for free. Although the card will run a bit hotter even 80c is fine. I doubt you'll hit the temp limit even if you raise the power limit. I'm guessing even if you overclocked you probably would not hit the temp limit. You would most likely be limited by power draw. Either way I wouldn't worry. The card can't overheat unless it has a serious cooling problem.

Solution