Tempered Tantrum: Phantek Enthoo Luxe, Enthoo Pro M Chassis Get Tempered Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They both suck because of horrible layout and bad airflow with 2 or more video cards installed.

xapoc

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
Not unless you liquid cool it, slapt the rad on top/bottom with push/pull fans, leave exhaust fan, get EK waterblock for both GPUs and CPU, reservoir/pump and youre set.

only heat you get is from the sun outside..lol

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Trying to figure out how the layout is any different than any other case. 2x fans in front, 2 up top, 1 out back, ? what's the issue? only layout change is hdd bays under the fans instead of in front of the fans, umm bonus to airflow? Hate to say this, but I can't see any dual card setup being any different in a standard case layout.

If I had an extra $100 i'd get one in a heartbeat.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Aarg, just bought the Pro M Acrylic and now they release the tampered version! Sigh.

But I can not comment about the case yet because I have not been home yet. Still need fo get on a ~17h plain flight in a months time!

From all the reviews it seemed decent. I will be using a Artic Freeze 240 paired with a FX 8320 and GTX 970 G1.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The glass side version has some changes that the original version doesn't have, Phanteks says they are upgrades. Ok, I'll bite, case looks awesome. But as to the side panel swap, I'm not so sure, the mounting looks entirely different between the 2.
Theres a recent build in the Gallery that has a glass side case (Jonsbo UMX4) that looks very good (similar appearance)
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2VtJ7P

On mobile, look at the bottom left of the post, Options, full edit. I use it constantly as autocorrect really can mess you up. Sometimes to see the 'Update' button, gotta turn the screen sideways.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just thought of something. I have a CM 690 II Advanced, love that case, really want a window panel. Yeah, not gonna happen, they don't make them anymore. The Pro M has a full glass panel. If it ever breaks or needs replacing (not happy with the etched design etc) and Phanteks discontinues them (like my 690) a simple trip down to a glass shop and you can get one custom made. Not that expensive. Just a rectangular sheet of tinted (any color you want) temper with 4 small holes. Easy. From my viewpoint, that's a bonus.

Vervs

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I will look into that. I was planning on putting a fan on the back of the motherboard to help cool the VRM's and the acrylic window might just move to the back side for that mod if I can custom make my own glass window.

ah

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
For a while I had toyed with the Enthoo Lux, than the EVGA D86 came out, I ordered it, but it never arrived, the In Win 509 came, I like its look so I canceled the order and bought the In Win. Just finished my build 2 days ago. It took me 3 days to finish the build. I bought 3 Phanteks fans to go with it, and with both panels removed and 8 fans running, putting my head into the case, I hardly hear any sound. It just show u that sound dampening materials simply going to toast your build. X99 Gaming Pro Carbon, 6800K, 1070 G1, Trident Z 16G, 3200MHz...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Define R5, i7-3770k at 4.6, 2x stock intakes, Nzxt x61 as only exhaust. Gtx970 strix 118% OC. Only way to get anything over @55°C is by stress test. Pc sits in a cubby built into the desk. It's so quiet that the only way I know it's on is by the power led. Love that damper material.

BTuser

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I am ready to pull the trigger on the Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5. I might get this instead. Any news if the Pro 5 will offer tempered glass?

BTuser

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Thanks Karadjgne, do you have a link to any comparisons on this Enthoo vs Mastercase pro 5? I need to decide soon on this.

Also when does this new tempered glass case get released? Where?

Thanks.

BTuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS