[SOLVED] Temporary file has 300gb of data

Yungthirsty

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
Recently I had deleted a few games from my pc to make room for other games. I had deleted around 250-300 gb within the past 2 days....but now all that space is gone, I’m not starting to think this was happening before I deleted the games. I’ve cleaned out my temp files before these screen shots also. I’ve also ran malware bytes 2 times and haven’t found a single virus . Only thing I can think of is something is endlessly creating files or someone is using my pc to download files.

Solution
I ran the disk clean up and the ssd says it’s optimized but every time I try to optimize it, it gets to 1% trimmed then stops and says ok. So I restarted my computer to try trimming it again and was seeing different numbers so it might just be doing it very fast. But sadly this did nothing, the disk clean up only freed 23 mb which will disappear in about 5 mins

Please, try these too:
Right-click on start/ Run
  1. Type: “temp”/ Enter. You’ll see a bunch of files, select them all (Ctrl-A) and delete them all, then
  2. Type: “%temp%”... do as to point 1
  3. Type: “prefetch” ... do as to point 1.

Restart PC.

See how that works.

Endre

Reputable
Recently I had deleted a few games from my pc to make room for other games. I had deleted around 250-300 gb within the past 2 days....but now all that space is gone, I’m not starting to think this was happening before I deleted the games. I’ve cleaned out my temp files before these screen shots also. I’ve also ran malware bytes 2 times and haven’t found a single virus . Only thing I can think of is something is endlessly creating files or someone is using my pc to download files.

Please, try optimizing the drive. If it’s an SSD it will TRIM it, if it’s an HDD it will defragment it.
Also do a Disk cleanup.
Then restart your PC.
See what happens after you do these.

Yungthirsty

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
I ran the disk clean up and the ssd says it’s optimized but every time I try to optimize it, it gets to 1% trimmed then stops and says ok. So I restarted my computer to try trimming it again and was seeing different numbers so it might just be doing it very fast. But sadly this did nothing, the disk clean up only freed 23 mb which will disappear in about 5 mins

Protonwrangler

Honorable
Jan 1, 2015
Good suggestions are on the comments to your imgur gallery. My suggestion is to open Resource Monitor (installed as part of Windows) and select the 'Disk' tab from the list at the top.

This will show the processes and files that are getting the most activity.

Endre

Reputable

Please, try these too:
Right-click on start/ Run
  1. Type: “temp”/ Enter. You’ll see a bunch of files, select them all (Ctrl-A) and delete them all, then
  2. Type: “%temp%”... do as to point 1
  3. Type: “prefetch” ... do as to point 1.

Restart PC.

See how that works.

Solution