Temporary files space allocation and which ones should I delete?

tameem_2

Commendable
May 29, 2016
I have moved my TEMP and TMP directories to a drive that gas 99mb of space. Is that space enough? Or should I allocate more?

Also I have these few text/xml files in my current Temporary folder-
DESKTOP-******-****-2222 FILES
cloud_********.dat file FILES

etilqs_******** files

Can i delete these? They seem part of the Temporary files

Thanks!

Solution
No, 99MB is way too small.
I use 500MB that gets deleted each time my pc boots and sometimes it's not enough.

Temp folder is used to store downloads before they get executed, it also stores files that are unzipped. (and many other things)
The biggest zip file you can make/extract will be 99MB if that's all the space you have.

"Can i delete these? They seem part of the Temporary files" - I delete my entire temp folder every day, and have not had any problems.
In general, the worst that happens is that an update that was downloaded but not installed will have to be downloaded again.

jasonkaler

Distinguished
No, 99MB is way too small.
I use 500MB that gets deleted each time my pc boots and sometimes it's not enough.

Temp folder is used to store downloads before they get executed, it also stores files that are unzipped. (and many other things)
The biggest zip file you can make/extract will be 99MB if that's all the space you have.

"Can i delete these? They seem part of the Temporary files" - I delete my entire temp folder every day, and have not had any problems.
In general, the worst that happens is that an update that was downloaded but not installed will have to be downloaded again.

Solution

tameem_2

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Then I will just assign 1 gig?

jasonkaler

Distinguished

That should be fine.

tameem_2

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Thanks!