[SOLVED] Temporary GPU Solution while im saving up for an RTX 3000 Series GPU (3060)?

Jul 18, 2020
I have a few $ to spare and i am very tired of Gaming with my IGPU (VEGA 8).

Is this RX 570 Visiontek good enough for a temporary solution. Still saving up for an RTX 3060. When i can buy the RTX 3060, i will use my RX 570 as a second display adaptor, for watching 720p and 1080p TV Shows and music and a little bit of streaming.

===================================================================================================
Here is the link to the Temp GPU i am gonna use: [https://shopee.ph/【Spot-straight-ha...game-spell-RX590-RX570-i.202509590.4634841769]
===================================================================================================
Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g (OC'ed to 3.6GHZ)
2x 8gb DDR4 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance
1x 120GB TeamElite GX1 SSD
1x 500gb WD 5400rpm 2.5"
1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3.5" 6Gbps
2x 120mm
Season S12III 550w 80+ Bronze
3x USB 3.0 Devices (keyboard, mouse, WiFi Adapter, Wireless Receiver for controller)
Any opinions or suggestions would be respected and i will be Thankful.
Thank you.

Solution
Converting it to USDollars it comes to 95, which is alittle high for a RX570 here in the US (could be different for you) but not so much that its a terrible deal.

As far as using teh card for a adapter when you get the RTX3060, I wouldn't. There's no advantage to running two GPUs like this and you are just asking for driver conflicts. You would be better off either selling it to get back some money.
Converting it to USDollars it comes to 95, which is alittle high for a RX570 here in the US (could be different for you) but not so much that its a terrible deal.

As far as using teh card for a adapter when you get the RTX3060, I wouldn't. There's no advantage to running two GPUs like this and you are just asking for driver conflicts. You would be better off either selling it to get back some money.

Reactions: RTX 2080
Solution
Jul 18, 2020

So what you're saying is i should just wait and save up my money for an RTX 3060?

Jul 18, 2020

Should i just buy this or should i just save my money and get the RTX 3060 when it releases?

Nvidia will probably release the most powerful new cards first (3080/3080Ti/3090), followed a few months later with the less expensive stuff (3060/3070). That's what they did with the current-gen cards: the RTX 2060 didn't come out until Q1 2019, several months after the 2080/2080Ti.

I'd say get the RX 570, wait for the 3060 to come out, wait for AMD to respond with their equivalent new card, wait for the resulting price war between the two to stabilize, then sell your RX 570 and buy the RTX 3060.

I do not much like buying temporary parts.
There will be no use for the rx570 whenever you replace it.
Adding a second non gaming monitor to the primary graphics card does not impact gaming.
Past that, your 500w psu is unlikely to be able to support both cards.
You will be faced with disposing of the rx570.
If you are lucky, though, you may get most of your money back

Nobody knows what the 3000 series will bring, but you can expect the top card to be VERY expensive.
Nobody knows what a supposed 3060 will be equivalent to nor how much it will cost.
Usually, only the top cards are launched first.
If you have budget issues, consider buying a used card of the power you want.
A used GX1080ti sells on ebay for $400-$500.
If you buy used, it will retain it's price/performance resale value better.