I can access the tif through tools; internet options, but when I try to
delete files my computer freezes up and it quits responding. If I go to
settings; view files then I can delete most of them individually. Can anyone
tell me how to fix this so that I can empty the folder just by deleting
files?

Burbsy <Burbsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can access the tif through tools; internet options, but when I try to
>delete files my computer freezes up and it quits responding. If I go to
>settings; view files then I can delete most of them individually. Can anyone
>tell me how to fix this so that I can empty the folder just by deleting
>files?

1. Try reducing the disk space allocated to Temporary Internet Files
to zero then reboot your computer. Reset the value to at least 100 mb
or so after the reboot.

2. Do you have a high speed Internet connection? If so then open
Control Panel - Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab and scroll
down to the Security section at the bottom of the list. Locate the
entry for "empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed" and
select it. Click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

3. Use Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk
Cleanup and make sure the Temporary Internet Files are selected for
deletion.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:vhmj41pi22pcne09pd2rftmjb2oh3r6287@4ax.com,
Ron Martell <ron.martell@gmail.com> had this to say:

> Burbsy <Burbsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I can access the tif through tools; internet options, but when I try
>> to delete files my computer freezes up and it quits responding. If
>> I go to settings; view files then I can delete most of them
>> individually. Can anyone tell me how to fix this so that I can
>> empty the folder just by deleting files?
>
> 1. Try reducing the disk space allocated to Temporary Internet Files
> to zero then reboot your computer. Reset the value to at least 100 mb
> or so after the reboot.
>
> 2. Do you have a high speed Internet connection? If so then open
> Control Panel - Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab and scroll
> down to the Security section at the bottom of the list. Locate the
> entry for "empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed" and
> select it. Click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.
>
> 3. Use Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk
> Cleanup and make sure the Temporary Internet Files are selected for
> deletion.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

Above and beyond what was just said to you in this post... Do you have, say,
a virus in your TIF that's been found and located? Some AV programs (anyone
that's any good really) if they're not set to delete anything found will
disallow access to the files and then when deleting the TIF you'll find that
the computer freezes because it's trying to delete the files over and over
again while, at the same time, your AV is not allowing it to access the
files even though it's to delete them safely. The only choice is to disable
monitoring for a short time and delete them if this is, in fact, what's
going on with your system.

Galen