[SOLVED] Temps Causing Thermal Shutdown?

taki117

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
I have a temperature question. The area in the red square on my motherboard gets really hot. I'm not sure what it is on this particular motherboard, but I was curious if there was something I can do to help keep it cool. I suspect the temperatures are causing a thermal shutdown as none of the other components reach any significant temperature. There's no excessive dust buildup and all of my fans are running at full speed so there is plenty of other cooling. The CPU itself is water cooled.

The other potential culprit is the GPU, but it only gets up to about 80C so I doubt that would cause a shutdown. I've also posted the highest temperature that the suspected component reaches, usually under heavy load.
OAQ86cL.png

z4lfmNJ.png

Solution
An FX-9590... Ohh, no wonder you're having issues.

1)Move the AIO to front case intake. Leave the rear fan as exhaust. Experiment with the top case fans as exhaust and intake.

If that doesn't help temps, you're going to have to underclock that cpu...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)One of the downsides of liquid cooling is that the user sacrifices the more direct air cooling over the VRMs that otherwise would have been provided by an air cooler.
Naturally, the VRMs will run warmer without that.

2)Is your system in a stuffy case? It's hard to tell with just a pic of the mobo and saying you have an AIO cooler.
What's the rest of the system specs?

If your system is in a hot case, or has a lack of airflow, you'll need to make up for the toasty VRMs somehow.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

1)Move the AIO to front case intake. Leave the rear fan as exhaust. Experiment with the top case fans as exhaust and intake.

Reactions: taki117
Solution

taki117

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for the tips! Not sure the cooler I have is long enough for front of case cooling, but I can certainly swap those around to exhaust (Or one intake and one exhaust) and put a couple of fans on the side of the case as well.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure the cooler I have is long enough for front of case cooling
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/VENGEANCE®-C70-Mid-Tower-Gaming-Case-—-Military-Green/p/CC-9011018-WW
According to this, it is:
"Vengeance C70 is also outfitted for liquid cooling upgradeability. You get 240mm radiator compatibility on top of the case, and if that’s not enough, you can remove the lower hard drive cage to fit a second 240mm radiator for a dual-loop setup."

The situation can go either way with the side fans. You'll just have to try it out and see.