[SOLVED] Temps constantly at 75 °C (167 °F) on a laptop from 2013, is there a way to lower the temps?

Oct 24, 2021
I have started to game a bit in this laptop, it's a toaster PC from 2013 but it's the only thing i got right now. Is there a way to lower temps or to improve performance even by a little bit? I have a cooling pad below the laptop, but it doesn't seem to be doing much as temps are mostly the same without it. Temps don't get below 65°c (150 f) at all, they mostly stay on 75 (167 f) to 80 °c (176 f) and my gaming performance hasn't been good. I know there ain't much that can be done but any help would be great.

refrrence pic

sOsaRV.png

Solution
Do not worry too much about temperatures.
Modern processors monitor their temperatures and will throttle or shut off if it detects a dangerous temperature.
That is about 100c. for intel and 95c. for ryzen.
A minimum temperature of 70c, indicates something wrong with your cpu cooler.
Is the fan running?
Are airways clear?
It may be time to reapply the thermal paste. After some 8 years, it may have dried up.

And... If you replace your HDD with a ssd, your overall performance will be most satisfying.
Modern processors monitor their temperatures and will throttle or shut off if it detects a dangerous temperature.
Is the fan running?
Are airways clear?
It may be time to reapply the thermal paste. After some 8 years, it may have dried up.

And... If you replace your HDD with a ssd, your overall performance will be most satisfying.

Solution
Oct 24, 2021
open it up and clean the fan? redo the thermal paste

I might try that later

Is the fan running?
Are airways clear?

Yeah the fan's running, but it's pretty hot from outside, i tried undervolting it a few months ago but i didn't even get to try since my cpu is too old apparently so my only option i think is to reapply the thermal paste as you guys said, in a few weeks maybe ill try replacing it, or just stay with this performance, the lappy's been like this for a long time, and i have seen people saying thats just how its built but its starting to bother me a bit that i cant play any game even at 800x600
And i would replace the HDD with an SSD but i just replaced the HDD since it died a month ago, couldn't buy an SSD though