[SOLVED] Temps go down after restart?

Feb 3, 2021
Hello, so:

I have a gtx 1060 3gb gigabyte, I cleaned it yesterday, replaced thermal paste and thermal pads.

When i turn on my pc, my temps are 47-50 degrees idle with fans off, i watch videos and stuff and temps are still 47-50 degrees(with fans off)...
AFTER I play a game (game is already closed) my temps keep staying at 60 degrees with fans on and they wont go down until I restart my pc
then after restarting my pc, my temps go back to 47-50 degrees as it should be...
BEFORE RESTARTING (NO GAMES OPENED, NO RENDERING, ETC)
View: https://imgur.com/a/YJlD3d0

AFTER RESTARTING
View: https://imgur.com/a/O4Uwybi

Solution
If you had normal temps before you repasted the gpu and replaced the thermo pads, it could mean a few things. You messed something up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be offensive. I've done a few of these gpu jobbies, and I've gotten things wrong more than a few.
It could be too little thermo paste or too much (a big goop). Low quality thermo paste. The thermo pads weren't up to snuff (quality) or they slid off position when refitting the heatsink on. You may have missed applied a pad on one.
Always reseat all your connections. It could be one 6 pin connector got some dirt or thermo paste in it (gone there, done that). Sometimes they just need a wiggle to get a good clean connection.
Then there is software. Make sure when you're...

Rexer

Distinguished
If you had normal temps before you repasted the gpu and replaced the thermo pads, it could mean a few things. You messed something up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be offensive. I've done a few of these gpu jobbies, and I've gotten things wrong more than a few.
It could be too little thermo paste or too much (a big goop). Low quality thermo paste. The thermo pads weren't up to snuff (quality) or they slid off position when refitting the heatsink on. You may have missed applied a pad on one.
Always reseat all your connections. It could be one 6 pin connector got some dirt or thermo paste in it (gone there, done that). Sometimes they just need a wiggle to get a good clean connection.
Then there is software. Make sure when you're updating old drivers, gpu and clocking type programs to remove them completely. Don't leave any crumbs and parts in the registry. One thing that wacks out hardware. games and temps is new gpu drivers installed on top of old.
Clean out your temp files and folders in Local Disk C: > right click Properties > Disk Cleanup. Every time Microsoft updates Windows, the installers remain on your computer. They do nothing but just hang out, taking up space. After a while, they bog down Windows, makes your computer work harder and creates heat.
If you're using Afterburner for clocking, don't use something like Speed Fan at the same time. They try to control each other (weird). When playing games, use only one anti-virus and firewall.
Make sure when games crash to restart them in safe mode (default or reset to default). Games sometimes remember crashes like a game setting and when certain circumstances prevail, it repeats a crash or a black screen.
Make sure to correct the game window to 'Full Screen'.
When games crash a lot, they start becoming corrupt and create heat. Reinstalling games is not a bad idea.
Hope this helps.

Solution