Jun 26, 2020
Just checking that my temps are good.
Mobo: P8H61-l R2.0
CPU: i7-3770
GPU: GTX 660Ti
PSU: C.Master 500 Bronze
HDDx2 5400rpm
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini
CPU Cooling: C.Master Hyper 212 Evo(I believe)
Fans: 200mm Draw, 2 80mm Exhaust, 120(?)mm CPU tower. GPU has 2 120mm(?) direction uncertain, I believe it is exhaust to side.
TIM: Arctic 4 silver

Installed my i7, tinted Evo and used pea method on CPU, here are my temps from Open Hardware Monitor:

CPU@C: Min 37@0%, 40-44@idle, 66@99.4%

My idle seems high from what I've seen but under load it seems to be fine, I believe. Seems like a weird curve if what I've read is accurate, that many are getting under 40 at idle.
Ambient temp is around 70*F.

Is that range, 44-66, reasonable? CPU achieved 66@99% with GPU reaching 75(core usage n/a) while playing Elite Dangerous

Jun 26, 2020
Reached a new high of 71C on Skyrim @99.4% total, though all cores hit 100% at one point or another(a first). I know I'm probably being overzealous in my caution, but, given the compact setup and going from an i5-2400 to the i7-3770, I'd rather be safe.
All other factors are the same save gpu reached 79C.

I think what worries me is I specifically did this swap to overcome the CPU bottleneck that was keeping me from playing Doom and potentially Metro:Exodus(which is still right on the edge of too much :/). I'm guessing that if I hit 100% I'll be somewhere around 75C max, which seems higher than I'd like, but still in range if my ambient is accurate(AC is an older window unit and doesn't have a temp readout but it's almost too chilly)

I'm also worried because this was the first time I did the pea method rather than spreading and, not wanting to create air bubbles, I have no way of knowing just how well it spread, lol.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'm also worried because this was the first time I did the pea method rather than spreading and, not wanting to create air bubbles, I have no way of knowing just how well it spread, lol.
You only know by checking.

Guess you meant Artic silver 5? Is quite the "thick" compound so might take a while to cure. Myself would spread that one because of the thickness, although both methods should be fine. If you want something that spreads fine look at Arctic MX-4 or something like that, this spreads easier and the "pea method" would imo work better with that.

Jun 26, 2020
I did mean AS-5.
It is pretty thick. If I see temps over 80C I'll definitely check it then. I feel pretty confident it spread over the cores themselves, and likely further, that and the tint I did on the cooler base, I think it'll be alright, but it was a real pita to tint with that TIM and I suspect there's some uneven areas along the pipe seams.

But considering no one is using exclamation points I'll assume the temps are reasonable, lol.

Jun 26, 2020
Package temps.
Core temps range from 26-71(range between all 4)

*Monitor values were reset after PC was warmed up, so those temps are not from initial boot but after log in, use. I reset after doing some initial stressing, let it idle down, and the temps I've posted have been since that.