[SOLVED] Temps high all of a sudden, please helppp!

Jan 5, 2022
Hi, I built my first gaming PC at the end of 2020 and to my surprise everything worked well. Up untill that last few days however things have been getting very stressful, MY CPU in general. I have a i7-9700K on a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Mobo with a MSI AG CORELIQUID Cooler.

When I built My PC I made a habit of checking temps and stuff since it was my responbility really since it was my own rig I built, and these temps were fine when gaming (hovering around 70.C), However, the last few days I've been gaming and realised that my PC has been louder than usual, So I checked my temps whilst in a few games and most of them have been hitting 100.C - ranging from GTA V to CSGO. So I've cleaned all my rig of dust (which is done every month anyway) and even reapplied thermal paste today. Nothing changed and now im starting to get worried that to sort this problem is going to eat at my bank account a little, so i could really do with some suggestions and guidance. I have already undervolted by 0.050, and im thinking and lowering that a bit more. I also looked into delidding but apparently on my specific processor it is a much larger ballache. Just a quick mention also, when i was on csgo, if I tabbed out the temps would drop 20-30.C if that helps at all, my cpu usage isnt very high as well

Cheers

Solution
Yes, it's one of those.
These things, as far as I can tell, are a mix of poor QC and bad design.

1)If it is possible, mount the radiator in your PC like the following, and check thermals again:
iu

2)If nothing changes, RMA the cooler, but it's probably better if you just get your money back and get a non-Coreliquid R cooler.

That black cube is where the pump is housed.
Thing is, the pump prefers to stay wet. The fluid keeps the pump lubricated and cooled.
That can't happen if it's up there, as these units aren't topped off with fluid - there is some air present, and it hangs around the top of the loop.
Jan 5, 2022

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, it's one of those.

1)If it is possible, mount the radiator in your PC like the following, and check thermals again:
iu

2)If nothing changes, RMA the cooler, but it's probably better if you just get your money back and get a non-Coreliquid R cooler.

Thing is, the pump prefers to stay wet. The fluid keeps the pump lubricated and cooled.
That can't happen if it's up there, as these units aren't topped off with fluid - there is some air present, and it hangs around the top of the loop.

Solution
Jan 5, 2022
Yes, it's one of those.

iu

Okay, I’ll give it a go tomorrow thanks for the help :)