Temps on i5 4690K with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

WilsonPereira

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
So, i bought this new desktop but only started now looking for temps of my cpu, i am using AL Suite 3 (a software of my motherboard).

My current setup:
MotherBoard: Asus Sabertooth z97 mark 2
CPU: I5 4690K ( Didnt overclocked it or some stuff like that.)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Case: NZXT H440
Extra Fans: I have 3 on front, 1 on the back, and 2(AF140mm of Coolermaster) on top.

Temps that i saw on that software Al Suite 3 a.k.a Thermal Radar 2, CPU while not gaming has 31 Cº or less, and when gaming i had for max temp ( atleast when i was checking it was 35Cº and max temp was 39Cº for now. Is this good? Also it said CPU fan 726rpm, i have no idea if this is using full CPU Cooler or not if you need more info just say it, also if it is 2 geeky i wont know what to do. xD

Solution
You are perfectly fine. Those are good temperatures. Here is a couple things you have to take into account when dealing with temperatures. 1. When in idle. What is the ambient temperature of the house/room. 31c is actually 87.8 Fahrenheit. So as you can see you are no where near baking the cpu. The cooler ambient temperature of the house/room means cooler air meaning lower idle temps. 2. Gaming you said 39c. That is 102.2 Fahrenheit. So still great and not baking. 3. Guidelines. CPU should never get past 75c. 80c is really pushing it. GPU (Graphics Cards) Should never get past 85c. 90c is pushing it.

I hope I was able to help. Have a good day.

danielbsipe

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
You are in good shape.

Common to see idle temps of less than 30c. Your gaming temps are good as long as you are below 60c-65c.
The Devils Canyon chips have a tcase maximum of 74c which you are far below. Also, your recorded temp should stay below tcase + 5c, which is 79c. You have a long way to go, so rest easy, you are doing fine.

tcase temps are what you worry about when stress testing, your real world temps will get no where near that without over clocking.

For example, I have a 15% overclock on my cpu, my maximum temp while stress testing was 70c. While gaming, i never see it go above 60c.

dark_strike

Reputable
May 27, 2014
You are perfectly fine. Those are good temperatures. Here is a couple things you have to take into account when dealing with temperatures. 1. When in idle. What is the ambient temperature of the house/room. 31c is actually 87.8 Fahrenheit. So as you can see you are no where near baking the cpu. The cooler ambient temperature of the house/room means cooler air meaning lower idle temps. 2. Gaming you said 39c. That is 102.2 Fahrenheit. So still great and not baking. 3. Guidelines. CPU should never get past 75c. 80c is really pushing it. GPU (Graphics Cards) Should never get past 85c. 90c is pushing it.

I hope I was able to help. Have a good day.

Solution