[SOLVED] Temps On Warzone

Oct 12, 2020
Why does my CPU get so hot while playing warzone!???

I have and I5 9600 and when I play warzone the temps go up to 90 c

my cooler is an aio from Corsair and I have applied thermal paste.

this high temperature is making the game unplayable do the very bad frame drops.

My specs are:
i5 9600
Rtx 2060
Corsair aio
Corsair pSu
2x8 Corsair ram 3200 speed
As rock Z390 Steel legend mobo

Please Help

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So I have found out it is not the the cpu temps because I got the temperature lower by cleaning and re applying thermal
paste and it is still unplayable and i frame skip everywhere
So you've got the thermals under control. (y)
But what is your definition of unplayable?

A couple of other things I can tell you that may be related:
1)CoD: Warzone is known to be able to use UP TO 12 cpu threads. i5-9600 just has 6.
So if you're trying to sustain high refresh rates in that game with that cpu, I can imagine it not being smooth.

2)All of Intel's non-hyperthreaded cpus periodically suffer from high frame time spikes when all their threads are loaded, which can cause that stuttering.
It doesn't have the resources to run Warzone and...

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
Do you have a fan curve for the CPU? What case do you have with how many fans and their orientation? Did you clean off the thermal pad from the AIO before applying thermal paste? How old is the AIO?

Oct 12, 2020
What Corsair AIO?

How long has it been in use?

How is the unit mounted in the chassis?

Pump speed is maxed out at least?

It might just be easier to post a pic of the inside of your chassis. Use postimages.org or imgur.com.

It is a Corsair h100i SE aio
It is a NZXT H510 case
The aio is a week old

How do I send a pic on here?

Oct 12, 2020
Do you have a fan curve for the CPU? What case do you have with how many fans and their orientation? Did you clean off the thermal pad from the AIO before applying thermal paste? How old is the AIO?
What is a fan curve?

the case is NZXT H510
The aio is a week old
I tried to clean it off

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How do I send a pic on here?

Oct 12, 2020
So I have found out it is not the the cpu temps because I got the temperature lower by cleaning and re applying thermal

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

1)CoD: Warzone is known to be able to use UP TO 12 cpu threads. i5-9600 just has 6.
So if you're trying to sustain high refresh rates in that game with that cpu, I can imagine it not being smooth.

2)All of Intel's non-hyperthreaded cpus periodically suffer from high frame time spikes when all their threads are loaded, which can cause that stuttering.
It doesn't have the resources to run Warzone and have other things running in the background - exclude Windows background processes.

3)Relative to #2, stuttering can also be caused by multi monitor setups all plugged into the gpu, but the screens have different native refresh rates. IF you have such a setup:
-have monitor's of matching refresh rates
-keep the main monitor plugged into the gpu, and plug the secondary into the motherboard, since it has an iGPU
If point 3 doesn't relate to you, then disregard it.

You're going to have to turn some settings down - or turn them up actually, anything to shift more of the load to the gpu; RTX On, yeah? Set lower frame rate caps too.
90% or higher gpu usage is more favorable than a maxed out cpu - heck, even a single maxed out cpu thread isn't any better.

Solution
Oct 12, 2020

It doesn't have the resources to run Warzone and have other things running in the background - exclude Windows background processes.

3)Relative to #2, stuttering can also be caused by multi monitor setups all plugged into the gpu, but the screens have different native refresh rates. IF you have such a setup:
-have monitor's of matching refresh rates
-keep the main monitor plugged into the gpu, and plug the secondary into the motherboard, since it has an iGPU
If point 3 doesn't relate to you, then disregard it.

You're going to have to turn some settings down - or turn them up actually, anything to shift more of the load to the gpu; RTX On, yeah? Set lower frame rate caps too.
90% or higher gpu usage is more favorable than a maxed out cpu - heck, even a single maxed out cpu thread isn't any better.

I believe it is an issue with my hard drive because when I go into task manager, it says it is at 100 %
I only use a 2tb hd from
Seagate and no ssd, I think i need
To get an ssd? Would this make sense?

if so any suggetsions for a ssd that is 100$ or
Less?!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How full is this drive?
What is the condition of said drive? You can check drive health, operating temp, number of bad sectors and more via Crystal Disk Info: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

What with the price hikes, getting a decent 1TB model within that price is a little rough...
Kingston A400(960GB)
Adata Swordfish(1TB)
Intel 665p(1TB)
Team T-Force Vulcan(1TB) - not the Vulcan-G model, which I couldn't find much info on.
Silicon Power A60(1TB)