[SOLVED] Tenda F3 capping download speeds at 10MB/s

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Hello everyone.
I bought a Tenda F3 which says it has:
1*10/100M auto-negotiation WAN port
3*10/100M auto-negotiation LAN ports.

When I connect directly to my modem, the download speeds go up to 30MB/s, but when connected through the modem to the Tenda F3 router, the download speed is capped at 10MB/s.
Is there anything I can do to be able to have 30MB/s download speeds with this router?
Thank you in advance.

Solution
The 300mbps is a massive lie the vendors tell about wifi speed based on some numbers that can only be achieved in some lab. Its like the high end routers claiming 2000 or some other silly number and they do not get much more than 300-400mbps on wifi.

There are many routers in the $50 range that have gigabit ports. Almost all these routers can pass 1gbit wan/lan when you use ethernet cables. Wifi is still subject to the lies they tell. A router with a 1200-1450 number is likely going to meet you needs. Of course it will not get 300mbps on wifi unless you sit on top of the router.

Just be very careful to check that the lan and wan ports are gigiabit.

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
I am really struggling with the definition of 10/100 ports. The router said it was 300mbps, so that should give me a download speed of 30MB/s (I suppose) but as it has 10/100 ports it just gives me a 10MB/s download, is that right? Which budget gigabit router do you recommend to me?
Thank you and sorry for the ignorance.

The 300mbps is a massive lie the vendors tell about wifi speed based on some numbers that can only be achieved in some lab. Its like the high end routers claiming 2000 or some other silly number and they do not get much more than 300-400mbps on wifi.

There are many routers in the $50 range that have gigabit ports. Almost all these routers can pass 1gbit wan/lan when you use ethernet cables. Wifi is still subject to the lies they tell. A router with a 1200-1450 number is likely going to meet you needs. Of course it will not get 300mbps on wifi unless you sit on top of the router.

Just be very careful to check that the lan and wan ports are gigiabit.

Solution

elgiov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2016
Yes, I can see that now.
What do you think about the Ac12g from mercusys?
Do you think I will get capped at 10MB/s as well? That one is $45 in my country.
Or the Router Nexxt Nyx 1200 Ac, that one is $34 here.
Edit: I don't care about wifi speeds, I want ethernet speeds to be not capped at 10MB/s like my current router is doing.

Last edited: