Terminal Services Advanced 2k server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hello,

We have 1 2000 advanced server running terminal server in a 2003
environment. I just added 50 2003 terminal server licenses to our 2003
licensing server. In license manager I see 30 2000 terminal server licenses.
The users are getting a pop up stating there temporary license will expire.
The reason I added 50 terminal server licenses is due to we are in the
process of retireing the 2000 advanced server.

Event Id 36
Application popup: Terminal Services Warning : Your terminal services
temporary client license will expire in 14 days.

Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent license.

Ntborg@yahoo.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Did you buy 2003 Per User TS CALs? You can't use those when
connecting to a W2K TS.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"NTborg" <NTborg@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> We have 1 2000 advanced server running terminal
> server in a 2003
> environment. I just added 50 2003 terminal server licenses to
> our 2003 licensing server. In license manager I see 30 2000
> terminal server licenses. The users are getting a pop up stating
> there temporary license will expire. The reason I added 50
> terminal server licenses is due to we are in the process of
> retireing the 2000 advanced server.
>
> Event Id 36
> Application popup: Terminal Services Warning : Your terminal
> services temporary client license will expire in 14 days.
>
> Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent
> license.
>
> Ntborg@yahoo.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Vera,

I have 30 win2k device cals and 50 2003 user cals on the
licensing server.

Thank you,

NTborg

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Did you buy 2003 Per User TS CALs? You can't use those when
> connecting to a W2K TS.
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "NTborg" <NTborg@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have 1 2000 advanced server running terminal
> > server in a 2003
> > environment. I just added 50 2003 terminal server licenses to
> > our 2003 licensing server. In license manager I see 30 2000
> > terminal server licenses. The users are getting a pop up stating
> > there temporary license will expire. The reason I added 50
> > terminal server licenses is due to we are in the process of
> > retireing the 2000 advanced server.
> >
> > Event Id 36
> > Application popup: Terminal Services Warning : Your terminal
> > services temporary client license will expire in 14 days.
> >
> > Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent
> > license.
> >
> > Ntborg@yahoo.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

> I have ... 50 2003 user cals

That's the cause of your problem, then. As I wrote, those can't be
used when you connect to a W2K TS. I would call my vendor and try
to change them to Per Device TS CALs.