[SOLVED] Terraria suddenly looks like a bunch of messed up marshmallows - what happened?

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
I'm playing Terraria, but suddenly a lot of the graphics went white. This is partially happening in Steam itself.
There were 2 other images I took, but these contained swearing (this was a multiplayer server, and the people on it were a bit angry)

They also validated their installation, nothing's wrong with it.
So what's the issue here? Is it in the GPU? Is it in the RAM? I just woke the PC up from Sleepmode and joined the server.
I was originally going to put this in the GPU subforum but I feel like it's more fitting to put it in the PC Gaming subforum.

Another thing - This isn't happening to the other players. It also happens in my own world.

Solution
To rule out your GPU acting up due to a botched update, make sure you've manually downloaded the latest drivers from your GPU maker's support site(Nvidia if your GPU is from Nvidia, MAD if your GPU is from AMD). Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It's also good practice to make sure your BIOS and your OS are up to date. If Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1.

Lutfij

Titan
To rule out your GPU acting up due to a botched update, make sure you've manually downloaded the latest drivers from your GPU maker's support site(Nvidia if your GPU is from Nvidia, MAD if your GPU is from AMD). Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It's also good practice to make sure your BIOS and your OS are up to date. If Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1.

Solution

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
Update.
I restarted to fix the issues and my computer stopped booting. I had to reinstall the OS to restore the computer.
I've installed the drivers and the problem is gone.