Terrible Fortnite performance for a good PC

May 31, 2018
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a new PC for streaming and for about the past month Fortnite has suddenly been un-playable for me. The game is suffering from frequent (every 20secs) stuttering, drops in FPS and freezing, and have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a network issue as it continues after trying different networks wired and wireless connection.

Just to be sure, I disconnect my Elgato HD60 when I'm not streaming and disable all wireless connections so there is no interference and run off a wired connection. I have tried absolutely every single "solution" throughout multiple forums and sites.

The reason I want this fixed is due to it effecting the quality for streaming and overall enjoyment.

PC SPECS:
Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB 3200MHz RAM

If there is any knowledge you have that is outside of the generic "lower your settings", I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for reading, I appreciate your time.

May 31, 2018

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the problems still persist :(

May 31, 2018

Regardless of whether I have the Elgato HD60 connected or not and whether it's a wired or wireless connection, the problem still occurs.

May 31, 2018

I only updated my drivers a few days ago, and still no change in performance.

Sep 6, 2018
Hi, you shouldnt worry i have a i7 8700k Water Cooled 32gbRAM 1080Ti and im getting same problems.. Epic will fix this hopefully soon, last night i went to sleep and everything was butter smooth Today i wake up and this problem is here with new Update.. just check this out others are having same problems https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9dh5xw/anyone_else_getting_bad_performance_on_pc_after/

May 31, 2018

Thanks man, as bad as it sounds, I'm glad I'm hearing of others with this problem so I know it's not me! I can't believe they just let this go on for so long without any improvement at all.