Terrible Fps In League of Legends

FatCandy

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
Here is my problem , i have an x4 750k, gigabyte r9 270 (oced to 1100mhz core clock , memory stock) 8gb ram 1600mhz , 1tb wd caviar blue and my fps in medium settings drops to 30 in teamfights (vsync is off). No problems in other games , Bioshock infinite 100 fps at ultra settings .My drivers are up to date do you think that my cpu is bottlenecking the gpu?

Solution
Edit to bumnut53's statement: MMO games are typically poorly coded and don't use multiple cpu cores so they easily get bogged down.

The 750k is an unlocked processor so with a decent heatsink you can push the clock rates up over stock quite a bit and squeeze a few more fps that way. Hopefully moving forward newer games will use multiple cores better (which is no doubt going to be helped allot by the fact both the Xbone and PS4 use 8 core cpus).
Edit to bumnut53's statement: MMO games are typically poorly coded and don't use multiple cpu cores so they easily get bogged down.

The 750k is an unlocked processor so with a decent heatsink you can push the clock rates up over stock quite a bit and squeeze a few more fps that way. Hopefully moving forward newer games will use multiple cores better (which is no doubt going to be helped allot by the fact both the Xbone and PS4 use 8 core cpus).

Solution