Question Terrible FPS in Lunar Client

harry.xy

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
Hey so basically Minecraft 1.7.10 was redeveloped by some users in order to implement a client-side anti-cheat. It is also advertised to 'double FPS' in most cases yet for some reason I am experiencing a drop in FPS.

I understand Minecraft 1.7.10 is CPU based (single core optimised?) but this Lunar Client has introduced GPU usage hence the 'FPS boost'.

NOTE: I play on the BARE minimum settings and achieve an average FPS of around 300fps when doing nothing (standing still) and around 100FPS when actually playing. I know 100FPS isn't bad but I need to record my gameplay and that results in a massive drop to around 40FPS which isn't right.

My specs:

i7-4790
RX 580 4GB
8GB 1600mhz RAM

I know my specs aren't great but I have friends with technically worse PC's than me achieving higher fps for example my friend's specs are:

i5-6400
RX 470
8GB 2400 MHZ RAM

He manages to achieve 500+ FPS than me? We both play on a 1280x720 resolution as well.

I've sorta come to the conclusion that the game its self maybe isn't coded very well and doesn't use all resources available?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

harry.xy

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
You need to understand that your friend's system isn't on par with your system. The architectures of both platforms are totally different. You also didn't mention the make and model of both the PSU's on your system's.
Sorry I don't know much about hardware, just basing it off the Userbenchmark comparisons.

We both have an EVGA 500W PSU.

Aug 18, 2020
You need to understand that your friend's system isn't on par with your system. The architectures of both platforms are totally different. You also didn't mention the make and model of both the PSU's on your system's.
You need to understand that lunar client has a bug where its not recognized as a game so it doesn't run with the gpu

TRENDING THREADS