Nov 13, 2020
My first impressions of the game aren't turning out so well. So far I have been getting terrible fps and I can't figure out why, I've been trying to look up a fix but I can't find anything. I have a 2070 super and an i7-6700k and I can't even get above 60 fps on medium or low settings at 1080p and my gpu usage hovers around 10%-15%. From what I can see a lot of people were having this same problem. If anyone has any suggestions or a fix that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
My first impressions of the game aren't turning out so well. So far I have been getting terrible fps and I can't figure out why, I've been trying to look up a fix but I can't find anything. I have a 2070 super and an i7-6700k and I can't even get above 60 fps on medium or low settings at 1080p and my gpu usage hovers around 10%-15%. From what I can see a lot of people were having this same problem. If anyone has any suggestions or a fix that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

I would try 3 things...

1. Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your video card.
  2. Use the Nvidia software to optimize the game settings for COD.
  3. Go into the game and see what resolution you are running it at.

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015

I would try 3 things...

1. Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your video card.
  2. Use the Nvidia software to optimize the game settings for COD.
  3. Go into the game and see what resolution you are running it at.

Solution
Nov 13, 2020
Same thing is happening with me when I’d get 120 fps on Medium to Low settings with Modern Warfare. I can’t get a steady 60 fps on Cold War on the lowest settings unless something is happening I just don’t see.

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
I'm having the same problem, but is not with FPS, is like not matter if the game keeps steadily on 100-110fps range (no fps drops), the game feels really bad, like tearing and Stuttering i cant play 3 minutes without having a headache.

Modern Warfare MP and Warzone are playing like it should.