Status
Not open for further replies.

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
Hey,
The other day I upgraded my CPU to an i7 8700k from an i7 6700k, due to the fact that I was getting terrible fps while streaming, 50-100 on lowest settings in csgo. I understand that should not have been the case but I just upgraded. I started out on a solid 500-600 fps on an FPS Benchmark map, I then begin streaming and it drops to 100-150. I then closed OBS, restart my PC, and it still wont go past 150 fps while NOT streaming!!! I even uninstalled OBS and it still won't go past 150 fps aprox on any map. Its the same issue i had before replacing my MOBO and CPU. I really don't know what the problem is now, perhaps a MOBO/SSD issue?
Thanks

Solution
Even though you have uninstalled OBS, check processes in Task Manager to see if there is a legacy process running (I agree, it's a long shot).

How do you feel about wiping your machine down and starting over?

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016

Yea, i reinstalled windows last night, I open CS and get 500-600 fps. I then open OBS, start streaming and it wont go past 150, i then close obs, uninstall it, restart pc and still csgo wont go past 150 fps. (Its like OBS causes a problem with my PC specifically and even when I uninstall it the problem persists)

neiler0847

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
New motherboard and new CPU means all new drivers need to be installed.

You could try to get away with just installing new drivers, but you may end up needing to reinstall Windows.

If your Windows licence is OEM, it might not be valid on the new combination (which is perhaps why you have taken this approach?).

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016

Already installed all the drivers, after doing that I tested and the FPS was 500-600, what it was meant to be, after I open OBS it just goes down to 100-150 and even after I just uninstalled it and restarted my pc, my fps wont go past 150. (And I reinstalled windows before I installed the drivers)

EchnoRom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
It's almost like OBS specifically has messed up my PC for some reason. (One theory I have is that perhaps OBS switches to onboard/intergrated Graphics, not sure how I would check this though, since it is already disabled in the BIOS)

neiler0847

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Even though you have uninstalled OBS, check processes in Task Manager to see if there is a legacy process running (I agree, it's a long shot).

How do you feel about wiping your machine down and starting over?

Solution
Jul 21, 2019
Hey uh, I need some help regarding all of this.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600X, an RX 570 8G Armor OC and 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM.

I don't know WHAT TO DO, because I tried all settings and nothing seems to work.
I wanted to stream Rainbow Six Siege, but when I start a round the stream shows the beginning and then only changes the frame A FREAKING MINUTE LATER!

Can any of you help me?

DSzymborski

Titan
Hey uh, I need some help regarding all of this.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600X, an RX 570 8G Armor OC and 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM.

I don't know WHAT TO DO, because I tried all settings and nothing seems to work.
I wanted to stream Rainbow Six Siege, but when I start a round the stream shows the beginning and then only changes the frame A FREAKING MINUTE LATER!

Can any of you help me?

You really need to start a new thread rather than randomly jumping into a solved thread from a different person using different hardware, from a year and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.