Question Terrible Ghosting Over DisplayPort but not over HDMI ?

geniusboy91

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
I have two identical Acer B247W monitors. On my old computer, they worked as expected. I just bought this PC on sale over Black Friday from Amazon: Amazon Link
It has a Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card (3 DisplayPorts, 1 HDMI). Both monitors have terrible ghosting when using any of the DisplayPorts. This ghosting happens with quick animations (The blue is extremely noticeable in real-time in this Example) or even when scrolling through text at any speed above very slowly. In my troubleshooting, I realized if I plug in one of the monitors with HDMI, there is no more ghosting for that monitor. So, that's interesting. But since there is only one HDMI out, it's not a solution for both monitors. In my Windows Advanced Display Settings, I only have the option to set the monitor to 60Hz or 75Hz.

All drivers appear up to date. I also have this Radeon Software which has a lot of different settings I don't really understand and shows me the following specs:
Monitor Specs

Here are what I think are the relevant settings I can mess with:
Settings

I can also do things like create a custom resolution:
Custom Resolution

If messing with settings doesn't fix it, would a DisplayPort to HDMI converter likely fix this issue? Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS