[SOLVED] Terrible performance on new rig.

Nov 3, 2018
Hi guys,

I built my first PC yesterday and all is up and running and working as I think it should be, apart from one major issue.

Whenever I launch a game, i.e. Black Ops 4 the frame rate sits below 20 fps. This isn't just in Black Ops 4, I have tested two other titles as well. The system I built is no slouch and so I am at a loss as to why it is performing so terribly in it's intended use.

My part picker list is here for specs - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pq2xkd

I have checked drivers and BIOS settings/updates for all of my components and no luck. If anyone has come across this issue before help would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned this is my first custom build so and new to this world, thank you!

Solution
That is a really good build with a 9700K, 1080 and a first class PSU....First of all when you installed Windows 10 Pro was it a fresh install? If not that will be the cause....

Second can you double check your performance and temps...Run Prime95 version 26.6 blend test and with Hardware Info installed check the temps and maximum speed the 9700K reaches in terms of Ghz...Also do a Cinebench R15 run and check your score.
That is a really good build with a 9700K, 1080 and a first class PSU....First of all when you installed Windows 10 Pro was it a fresh install? If not that will be the cause....

Second can you double check your performance and temps...Run Prime95 version 26.6 blend test and with Hardware Info installed check the temps and maximum speed the 9700K reaches in terms of Ghz...Also do a Cinebench R15 run and check your score.

Solution
Nov 3, 2018

Hey,

Thanks! At least, it would be if the GPU worked! I have done a bit of digging and testing... Think I'm just going to get a new card, it was new so has the EVGA warranty!

That's good news on having an EVGA card as there warranty is supposed to be second to none...Fingers crossed you have the PC up and running to it's full potential fast...

TRENDING THREADS