Terrible speed with trendnet wirless n pci card

sig1043

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I recently purchased a Trendnet TEW-641pc wirless-n card for my new vista desktop PC. We use AT&T's 2wire 2701HG-B modem/wireless router. My card always shows that it has excellent signal strength 98-100%, but I have dial-up speeds of 50-100 kbps. I tested the computer that is connected via ethernet cable and it was 1290 kbps. A few older computers with Linksys WUSB54GC USB wireless-g adapters are working at about 1100 kbps to 1200 kbps.

In addition, there is an unproteccted wireless network I am able to connect too with an 80-90% signal strength, but it also is slow on my computer in comparison to my co-workers.

So I am assuming the problem lies with my wireless card. I am not sure what I can do to get my internet connection up to a decent speed or if I have to buy a different card.

botnot

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Trendnet was crap for me. Terrible USB N adapter. PCI Trendnet is terrible as well.
Go to keenansystems.com, and look at ENGENIUS--200-600mW!! of power and not costly. G is very fast and effective at that power level. Do N if you really think you need it. With Engenius,you will detect tons of access points nearby that you didn't even know were there.

sig1043

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I bought the Trendnet wireless N card because the wireless G card I originally went to the store to buy was not in stock. I have since returned the card and picked up a Linksys wireless G card and it is working just fine now.