Question TES Oblivion Barely Running

stephent181

Commendable
Sep 11, 2017
Decided to fire up Oblivion on my PC the other day and was pleasantly surprised the bare minimum FPS upon starting a new game. I installed the game via Steam and fired it up, without modding it, just to test it out. Just after I started the new game, I could barely move the mouse on the character creation screen. Since then I've tried dozens of fixes including but not limited to updating drivers, increasing the Ram usage of the game, tweaking the ini, etc. I just don't know what to do. I want to play this game on my PC, but its more and more looking like I might have to pick it up for Xbox. I cannot find a solution.

I'm running Oblivion GOTY on Steam. My PC specs: i7 7700k Kaby Lake, 16 GB ram, 1080 GTX.

I tried dropping graphics to the lowest setting, running in Windows XP Service Pack 3, etc. Nothing.

I just recently started also having a 0 sound issue. Just to throw a cherry on top.

I hope you guys can help me out, if not I'll just play it on Xbox...if I can.

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah, post a screenshot of task manager running while Oblivion is running. See if the game is bugged and overtaxing your system or if it's something else.

TRENDING THREADS