News Tesla Holiday Up Brings Steam Games to Model S and X EVs

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
So now Tesla drivers using autopilot can play video games while their car crashes into stopped emergency vehicles? Do Tesla owners have to pay extra for this "feature"?

Reactions: kyzarvs

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Those are nice options. Not essential, but nice.
I would rather game on a laptop if I were a passenger because of options and screen placement, and zoom on a phone for the same reasons. And you can't trust passersby to be observant enough to see a large temperature posted when they see your air conditioned dog in a car with closed windows. But it sounds obvious enough that if they freak out it is their problem that you would quickly be able to explain away. The monitor placement for gaming could be a good way of "sharing" a game with your kid playing from the back seat.

Complaining about new luxuries, what a first world problem. Like my automatic dim brights that I sometimes look like an ass with because I forget they are not in manual :p

Reactions: Elusive Ruse

Brandon Hill_TH

Prominent
Jul 30, 2022
www.tomshardware.com
So now Tesla drivers using autopilot can play video games while their car crashes into stopped emergency vehicles? Do Tesla owners have to pay extra for this "feature"?

Watching videos or playing games in a Tesla is ONLY available when the vehicle is in Park. So this is more beneficial when you're stopped at a Supercharger and need to kill some time.

Reactions: rluker5

Brandon Hill_TH

Prominent
Jul 30, 2022
www.tomshardware.com
Oh boy! Musk wants to add even more distractions to drivers. It's bad enuff his self-drive software has killed or injured who knows how many. Now the goof wants drivers to pay games instead of paying attention to the road.
Did you NOT read my comment posted right above? :) You can't watch videos or play games while the vehicle is in motion... or even when stopped while the vehicle is in DRIVE. It has to be put in PARK to access video content or games.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Did you NOT read my comment posted right above? :) You can't watch videos or play games while the vehicle is in motion... or even when stopped while the vehicle is in DRIVE. It has to be put in PARK to access video content or games.
Even android auto has a couple crappy games that are only available in park. They might have gotten better but I uninstalled that trash because of the terrible audio downscaling, startup blocking of me getting good audio from the usb and the oversimplification of maps to the point of frustration.
I bet the apple option is better, but not worth me replacing my phone.