Question Test Boot Issues

May 4, 2019
This is my first build, with some help from a friend. After putting all of the internal parts in, we tried a test boot yet nothing appeared on the monitor, with no signal on either the VGA or HDMI channels.

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1660i
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600X
Memory: G Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4-3000
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
Power Source: PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Case: H500 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Case
Monitor: ASUS VP247QG 23.6 Full HD 75Hz VGA HDMI

May 4, 2019
The cable’s attached to the motherboard. We’ve tried different cables to see if that had any bearing on the display as well as quadruple checking all connections on the motherboard, but we still haven’t gotten any signal.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
If you are using a Graphics Card, and it looks like you are with the 1660ti, then you need to plug your HDMI cable from the GPU to the monitor. The motherboard ports will be disabled.

Power down, connect to GPU and power up.

You can't use the motherboard ports. You MUST use the ports on the graphics card. There is NOT ANY GRAPHICS SUPPORT through the 2600x. That CPU has no integrated graphics. Connect the monitor cable to the outputs on the graphics card.

Edit: NM, I see you figured out what I was saying already.

So, what "ports" on the motherboard are you talking about that need to be enabled? If you are talking about the graphics outputs, like I said, you need a CPU with graphics for that like the 2200g or 2400g that does have integrated graphics. Currently, those are the only ones that do.

May 4, 2019
Sorry for the later reply, but everything is up and running now. Plugging the DisplayPort and HDMI into the GPU fixed the display issue, and getting the drivers installed at a place with Ethernet fixed the other issues. The PC's golden now. Thank you guys for the assistance.