Test page prints and nothing else

I did the troubleshooter and it got me no where. When I print I a test page
it prints flawless. But when I try from a document all my printer does is
spit out a blank sheet. I really have no idea what is going on. I've
reinstalled it. Please help me.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

We really have no idea either!
You neglected to mention --
Printer make & model
Computer make, model, processor, support chipset.
OPs system version
If the printer is spooled, or printing direct to the printer port.
Printer interface (Parallel pot or USB)

Evidently the printer driver is talking to the printer, and data is not
making it to the printer driver from applications.
A common solution is to uninstall(NOT delete) the printer driver, and
reinstall it according to the Mfr's instructions.

"Kowboi21" <Kowboi21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did the troubleshooter and it got me no where. When I print I a test page
> it prints flawless. But when I try from a document all my printer does is
> spit out a blank sheet. I really have no idea what is going on. I've
> reinstalled it. Please help me.

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Having the same (or similar) problem -- text only will not print from
several programs (notepad, WordPad, outlook and word)...but if I insert a
picture in a Word doc, both the image and text will print. I have tried
several things and searching newsgroups and Microsoft Knowledge
base...reinstalled printer drivers, deleted and re-added printer, set
several printer options, all to no avail.

Windows XP Home (SP2) to an HP 810c (using print spooler)... was working
just fine up to a couple of weeks ago.

I likewise get a good Test page which I assume is because it contains an
image...likewise can print from other applications (ie a PDF of a scanned
image, images from Paintshop pro)...just seems to be a problem with
text-only.

--

Vince McGowan
vince.mcgowan@comcast.net