[SOLVED] Testdisk deleted all partitions?

Nov 18, 2019
So I recently deleted my Linux partition on accident, and I found out that Testdisk is able to recover it, so I went ahead and downloaded it and tried to recover the partition.

I found the partition listed as "D - Linux", then I changed it to "* - Linux", then chose "write". It then prompted me to confirm Y/N to recover the partition, I entered Y and it told me to restart to complete to process.

After restart, my laptop's SSD appears to be completely wiped. It pops up the message "No bootable device found".... I am unsure what I did wrong that cause this issue.. Does anyone have a clue? Thank you in advance!

Solution
After restart, my laptop's SSD appears to be completely wiped. It pops up the message "No bootable device found".... I am unsure what I did wrong that cause this issue.. Does anyone have a clue? Thank you in advance!
You just deleted the information about the partitions not the partitions.
Your system can't find the boot partition anymore hence the message.
It could be as simple as telling grub where to boot from if the boot partition is still intact otherwise you would have to rebuild a boot partition.
You just deleted the information about the partitions not the partitions.
Your system can't find the boot partition anymore hence the message.
It could be as simple as telling grub where to boot from if the boot partition is still intact otherwise you would have to rebuild a boot partition.

Solution