Testing HD 7950 On Furmark Error

vaironl

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Hello Everyone, I'm trying to check the performance of my graphics card using Furmark and I keep getting the error saying "Furmark requires an OpenGL 2.0 compliant graphics controller. Startup failed"...

I tried uninstalling the Drivers and downloading them from the website and doing a restart, but no luck. Anyone has any idea of what's going on?

I was able to play a game earlier with no problem.

JJ1217

Honorable
Why would you want to use FurMark anyways. Dead useless to me now since AMD and Nvidia found out it kills graphics cards and now purposely throttles FurMark through their drivers. Valley/Heaven and OCCT (Also likes to throttle sometimes) are much better.

vaironl

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Holy poop, don't know that. Thing is I've seen people on YouTube play crysis 3 on high with no problems but I don't know why I get very little lag at some locations of the game. I don't know if should overclock or if my monitor which is 5-6 years old is affecting the performance.

chromic

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
your monitor's age doesnt effect on the performance or fps, its mostly what resolution your screen is, heck i have a 6 year old 20 inch 1680x1050 screen which is working perfectly

vaironl

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Wonder what it might be. After I updated the drivers it did work a better. Gotta test it on a couple of games.
I noticed I'm getting ~27 fps

vaironl

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

You guys on the forums are the best!!!
I'm getting 100+ fps on crysis 3 on low settings, on my HDTV... I guess it was that old monitor after all.
Time for a monitor upgrade.