[SOLVED] Testing HDDs on 100+ PCs > email results

Oct 9, 2019
I have a client with about 120 PCs. I'm trying to get a heads up on impending drive failures. I'm looking for a drive testing solution that would have the following features:
  1. Able to run on an interval or could be launched from a command line so the interval could be setup in windows task scheduler.
  2. Email failures or perhaps save them to a network share (emailing would be preferrable because I could roll out this to other clients who don't have servers)

I usually test drives with WD WinDLG, but doing that to 100+ computers on say a monthly basis would be a full time job.

Solution
https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_professional.php?page=features

Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer and in external enclosures (USB hard disks / e-SATA hard disks).

Alerts

Hard Disk Sentinel has wide range of alerts upon different problems. It can send e-mail (with e-mail->SMS gateway it can be SMS warning to your mobile)...
https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_professional.php?page=features

Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer and in external enclosures (USB hard disks / e-SATA hard disks).

Alerts

Hard Disk Sentinel has wide range of alerts upon different problems. It can send e-mail (with e-mail->SMS gateway it can be SMS warning to your mobile), network message, can play sound alerts and so. It can execute various tasks (automatic panic backup or any configured external applications) in case of a problem. There is an option to send daily emails about current status.

Solution