Question Testing Macrium Reflect?

Blackink

Distinguished
I have installed the free home version of Macrium Reflect and I created a rescue media USB stick and I created a disk image of my C drive using Macrium Reflect.
Is there a way to test all of this to see if it actually works? Should I start deleting files and folders and removing software and then do a system restore via Macrium Reflect?

Any thoughts or ideas would be grateful.
Thanks,
Steve

D

Deleted member 14196

here's how you really test it, get a cheap ssd, swap them out, and do your restore to the other ssd or hdd. then test all apps and make sure all your data you backed up gets restored.

Blackink

Distinguished
You're absolutely correct! And that's exactly what I did and it restored my PC to the back-up image I made several days earlier and it worked flawlessly.

I did the same thing to my newer Windows 7 PC and also to my wife's laptop running Windows 10: Installed the Macrium Reflect, created a rescue media-USB stick, and created a system image which is stored on extra internal HHD's.
Tested them all and they worked perfectly.

Macrium Reflect......I'm a believer!!!!

Reactions: USAFRet

Blackink

Distinguished
True, but I didn't have a blank drive. The first back up I did was on my older PC where I use Firefox as my browser and it had the version where all of the add-ons were disabled due to an expired certificate (or something similar), I have since downloaded and installed the newer version, that and I empied my Recycle basket before the restore.
After the image restore, the Recycle was full again and the older Firefox browser version was back!!!

And it only takes minutes to accomplish all this!!
Macrium Reflect....I'm definitely a believer!!!!

Blackink

Distinguished
Just to add to an old thread I started about Macrium Reflect, my system did a Windows Update today and it borked my computer. My Microsoft Securities Essentials stopped working, my network/internet stopped working, and my system just plain bogged down.
Rather than trying to troubleshoot what happened, because I keep my Macrium Reflect working on a constant basis, I popped the USB drive in, restarted the PC, hit the F12 key and away it went.
Worked like a dream and 20 minutes later, I was back in business!!!

Macrium Reflect has made me a "Come back" customer.....tell your friends!!

Reactions: USAFRet