[SOLVED] Testing new build in game

Aug 26, 2020
Hi
I've been tweaking and testing with fan settings. Here are my current readings playing Metro: Exodus on ultra.
Are these good readings? Is there anything else I should be looking to tweak?
Thanks for any input.

Solution
All looking quite standard and fine for 10700K compared to mine but would always be nice to see a HWinfo screen ;)

Motherboard manufacturers have some very different stock/auto settings per board for Z490, so base boosts vary from 4.7 - 4.9 and further turbo clocks are even more variable. Rarely hit 5.1 without an OC.

I'd steer clear of the auto-overclocks on these ones. They've gone mental with their settings apparently - youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_AETO7Fn4

They all seem to overclock to 5.0- 5.1 nice and easily- but of course very small gains in real world tasks. The 10900K overclocking guide on overclock.net should work well for our i7s when we feel like it.

Just beware of those auto-overclock/auto settings on Z490. Motherboard...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GPU looks like it is working hard, boosting above 1900Mhz is pretty good. At 70C, lots of room to take it higher, but if it is performing well enough and isn't noisy, you could leave it.

CPU seems to be taking it easy, hard to say if it could do better. Not overclocked I take it?

You'll have some sort of aftermarket cooler on the CPU, a lot of room there to maybe run the CPU up to 5Ghz or more

Reactions: Dankhola
Aug 26, 2020
GPU is a FE with no software. I'm using MSI Afterburner to load at startup with an aggressive fan curve.

CPU is on front mounted Arctic Cooling 280 AIO and is not yet overclocked. Nothing I have thrown at it gets it above 50% for any stretch.

At some point I will overclock all to get more longevity out of system. Max temp on the 2080 Super is 89 so I have a little room with fans running full I guess.

I bumped the RAM to 3600 using MSI XMP.

Thanks very much for your input.

Reactions: Dankhola

Dankhola

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
All looking quite standard and fine for 10700K compared to mine but would always be nice to see a HWinfo screen ;)

Motherboard manufacturers have some very different stock/auto settings per board for Z490, so base boosts vary from 4.7 - 4.9 and further turbo clocks are even more variable. Rarely hit 5.1 without an OC.

I'd steer clear of the auto-overclocks on these ones. They've gone mental with their settings apparently - youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_AETO7Fn4

They all seem to overclock to 5.0- 5.1 nice and easily- but of course very small gains in real world tasks. The 10900K overclocking guide on overclock.net should work well for our i7s when we feel like it.

Just beware of those auto-overclock/auto settings on Z490. Motherboard companies seem to have pushed certain settings this time to claim more performance. Way safer to do it manually and keep an eye on VID etc in HWinfo.

Could always tighten your Ram timings down from the XMP if you get bored! Can check these in HWinfo also. Doesn't affect much at all but is satisfying knowing you squeezed out a few more cycles.

Solution