Question Testing new system - looking for recommendations

Nov 30, 2023
Parts are on order for my new system (shout out to Why_Me and helper800 for all their awesome help!), now I'm wondering how to test things to ensure I don't have any faulty components or that I installed something poorly (i.e. CPU paste put on sloppy).

What all do you recommend for testing components and for just general GPU Benchmarks (haven't done this in 5+ years)?

For components I'd like to test:
  • CPU test (that I have a decent CPU and it's getting cooled well)
  • memory (ensure I didn't get any bad RAM)
  • Hard drives (look for bad sectors, etc)
  • motherboard functionality if possible (other than plugged in components work or not, can't say I've tested a mobo specifically in the past)
  • USB ports (did I get the right drivers)? what should USB-A 3.2 and USB-C transfer rates be if the right drivers are installed
  • anything else?
While I have everything open and on a workbench I'd like to test and find any mistakes/errors before I tuck it away under my desk...

Thanks,

Van

Reactions: Why_Me
Parts are on order for my new system (shout out to Why_Me and helper800 for all their awesome help!), now I'm wondering how to test things to ensure I don't have any faulty components or that I installed something poorly (i.e. CPU paste put on sloppy).

What all do you recommend for testing components and for just general GPU Benchmarks (haven't done this in 5+ years)?

For components I'd like to test:
  • CPU test (that I have a decent CPU and it's getting cooled well)
  • memory (ensure I didn't get any bad RAM)
  • Hard drives (look for bad sectors, etc)
  • motherboard functionality if possible (other than plugged in components work or not, can't say I've tested a mobo specifically in the past)
  • USB ports (did I get the right drivers)? what should USB-A 3.2 and USB-C transfer rates be if the right drivers are installed
  • anything else?
While I have everything open and on a workbench I'd like to test and find any mistakes/errors before I tuck it away under my desk...

Thanks,

Van

Reactions: Why_Me