[SOLVED] Testing or knowing secure networks speed without having access?

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Hello once again, I was wondering if there is a way to know the speed (bandwidth specs) of a secure network. I often work on public spaces or Airbnbs due to traveling and always had the curiosity of knowing the speed of nearby networks. Recently In my new home I see wireless networks from the neighbors and I wonder what type of connection they have. Is there a way to know this information without having access to the network? Not interested on accessing these networks just wondering this kind of info.

Solution
Hello once again, I was wondering if there is a way to know the speed (bandwidth specs) of a secure network. I often work on public spaces or Airbnbs due to traveling and always had the curiosity of knowing the speed of nearby networks. Recently In my new home I see wireless networks from the neighbors and I wonder what type of connection they have. Is there a way to know this information without having access to the network? Not interested on accessing these networks just wondering this kind of info.
All that is "visible" to you is the LAN (WIFI). What is on the other side of the router is opaque to you.

USAFRet

Titan
No, there is no way of knowing this.

Reactions: preguntonontrack

kanewolf

Titan
All that is "visible" to you is the LAN (WIFI). What is on the other side of the router is opaque to you.

Reactions: preguntonontrack
Solution