Testing

At least you all pass. I didn't. Apparently I can post, but I don't
get new messages, etc.

I need a new newsreader. I hate having to go to the web to read
newsgroups. I want something that will organize and remember what I've
already read.

"Dave & Megan" <Rhysanus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> At least you all pass. I didn't. Apparently I can post, but I don't
> get new messages, etc.
>
> I need a new newsreader. I hate having to go to the web to read
> newsgroups. I want something that will organize and remember what I've
> already read.

I just use the newsreader in Outlook Express. I know many people have a
negative opinion about it, but it works for me.

~Mikki~ wrote:

> I just use the newsreader in Outlook Express. I know many people have a
> negative opinion about it, but it works for me.

I would use the newsreader in Mozilla Thunderbird, but this group isn't
carried by my ISP, so I'm reading and posting here thru Google Groups
Beta. Still, the Beta version is better than the old version.

Outlook is my problem. Apparently my isp doesn't recommend outlook and
when they did their upgrade, I no longer can download headers from here
with it. :/ I complained and they said they'd have their IT look at
it, but then turned around and told me flat out to find another reader.

Ditto, I dont mind it

Dave & Megan wrote:
> Outlook is my problem. Apparently my isp doesn't recommend outlook and
> when they did their upgrade, I no longer can download headers from here
> with it. :/ I complained and they said they'd have their IT look at
> it, but then turned around and told me flat out to find another reader.

I really like the Thunderbird one :)

--
I can take it, I can make it.
Like the man that you taught me to be. - Cindy Alexander

On 20 Jun 2005 13:30:42 -0700, "Dave & Megan" <Rhysanus@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Outlook is my problem. Apparently my isp doesn't recommend outlook and
>when they did their upgrade, I no longer can download headers from here
>with it. :/ I complained and they said they'd have their IT look at
>it, but then turned around and told me flat out to find another reader.

Try Free Agent. Works for me!

Clare

"~Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> "Dave & Megan" <Rhysanus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> At least you all pass. I didn't. Apparently I can post, but I don't
>> get new messages, etc.
>>
>> I need a new newsreader. I hate having to go to the web to read
>> newsgroups. I want something that will organize and remember what I've
>> already read.
>>

> I just use the newsreader in Outlook Express. I know many people have a
> negative opinion about it, but it works for me.

That is what I use as well. I like it, but true, many don't.
You might try Agent. I have it in my comp, but didn't
particularly like the interface so I don't use it. I do hear
lots of raves about it tho.

Balyn

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Balyn [balyn_62@hotmail.com] said

> "~Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> > "Dave & Megan" <Rhysanus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> At least you all pass. I didn't. Apparently I can post, but I don't
> >> get new messages, etc.
> >>
> >> I need a new newsreader. I hate having to go to the web to read
> >> newsgroups. I want something that will organize and remember what I've
> >> already read.
> >>

> > I just use the newsreader in Outlook Express. I know many people have a
> > negative opinion about it, but it works for me.
> >
> That is what I use as well. I like it, but true, many don't.
> You might try Agent. I have it in my comp, but didn't
> particularly like the interface so I don't use it. I do hear
> lots of raves about it tho.

I never got on with Agent either so I use Gravity, which I know some
people don't get on with, but I love.

Just as an aside, I know lots of people use OE and are very happy with
it but I know few, if any, who have gone back to it after taking the
plunge and transferring to a dedicated newsreading program, even if it
takes them a couple of goes to find the one for them.

phoenix

In article <MPG.1d222ea67ee8291989d1b@nntp.dsl.pipex.com>, les789
@hotmail.com says...
> Balyn [balyn_62@hotmail.com] said
> >
> > "~Mikki~" <mikki721@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > "Dave & Megan" <Rhysanus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I just use the newsreader in Outlook Express. I know many people have a
> > > negative opinion about it, but it works for me.
> > >
> > That is what I use as well. I like it, but true, many don't.
> > You might try Agent. I have it in my comp, but didn't
> > particularly like the interface so I don't use it. I do hear
> > lots of raves about it tho.
>
> I never got on with Agent either so I use Gravity, which I know some
> people don't get on with, but I love.

I've used Gravity for years. Once you get used to it, you won't want to
use anything else.

bel