Question Tests for GPU overclock stability?

Mar 5, 2019
I've been tweaking my Zotac RTX 2060, i remove my front panel so with an oc the temps dont really go aboce 75c as i have 6 fans in my case. I tried 120 mhz core increase and a 600mhz memory clock increase and it ran through Firestrike twice without and issue, but a youtube video about OCing his 2060 said his was stable at 115/500mhz (ik its different for each GPU) so i set back the OC to 115mhz on the core and 500mhz on the memory then onto a game of overwatch at the best settings that can cater 144 fps it ran through the first game well then the 2nd game GPU crashed ( im assuming ) as my pc screen froze and my monitor is hooked up to the GPU directly, So after making you read all this i want a solution to 100% stress test my gpu and set my OC settings once and never have to look back on them. ( im OCcing cause on firestrike i went up around 1000 points with the GPU OC alone )

Ryzen 2700x
Aerocool 650W Gold
1x16gb 3200mhz Hyperx Predator
Zotac RTX 2060

Game is the best test. In real world, testing software may show everything's fine yet you'll have a crash while gaming.

Test your OC with Furmark running for 10-20 minutes, then doublecheck with a heavy game. If it crashes, decrease the OC incrementally by 10 mhz

I've found FurMark to only be good for initial OC testing. (If it can't at least pass this...)

I use F@H (odd, I know) for 24h to test stability and its been flawless so far*.

F@H has coincidentally also been MUCH faster at finding system RAM errors than Prime95 or Memtest. We're talking 10 minutes compared to 19 hours.

*except for one game (Shadow Warrior 2) which crashed my driver on ANYTHING except auto-everything settings. I chalk that up to poor game code since I've never had this happen with any game prior or since.