News Tests Preview Limits of Nvidia's Crypto-Limited RTX 3060 LHR, RTX 3080 Ti

AtrociKitty

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
A regular 3080 does 95 to 100MH/s, so 58MH/s is a big drop. I have to wonder if there will be some sort of workaround or exception though, similar to the 3060 (which requires a PCIe 8x or 16x slot, and must be connected to an active monitor to mine).

I'm okay with reduced hashrate on cards advertised as LHR, but disagree strongly with applying the limitation to an entire model. Regardless of how you feel about mining, the precedent of hardware manufacturers limiting what you can do with your own hardware is concerning to say the least.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Probably nobody told you yet, that lolminer for linux found a workaround so as to partially bypass RTX3060's limiter!!!!
This workaround has NOTHING to do with the Windows 470.05 driver! You can run your card at ~3/4 of full performance (which is still better than all <Mod Edit> CMP cards), and you don't need PCIe x8 or dummy VGA plug either! lolminer 1.29 is around for two weeks now, making NVidia looking stupid for SECOND time in a row, but no journalists ever mentioned it! I guess Tom's hardware was too busy writing articles about Chia.. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
they will still buy the cards en masse. but once the crypto rush slows down or dies off because of a few whales pulling out, it's going to be early christmas on ebay. low priced gpus and overstock everywhere.