Question Tether to PC with docking station

Status
Not open for further replies.

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I have to use Verizon Samsung android phone to tether to my desktop every time I get on the internet. I'm so tired of disconnecting my USB-C cable and I'm worried that my phone port will go out on my new phone I have to by soon since they are getting rid of G3 service. Their going to G4 in January and Verizon is the only phone that will work at my house.

I don't have wifi on my PC since I think it would be slower then tethering and since I only get 20 mps I need every bit speed I can get. I also think my hotspot would use more on my 30 GB plan?

Can you tether with a docking station with the USB-C male built? That way I can at least not have to deal with the cable. Or can I use a wireless charger? I bought a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM7-COMBO 4G/LTE Router since I seen people getting unlimited but I can't figure it out so I only get 30 GB a month. If anyone know how I can get unlimited 4G through Verizon please let me know. I love the country but dank it sucks not streaming for over 2 year now.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Using WiFi to connect your PC to your phone will be faster than your phone's internet connection, so that should not be a performance issue. Doing this would alleviate the physical plugging concern and a decent Wifi adapter can be bought for next to nothing.

https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-wn881nd-pci-express-x1/p/N82E16833704129

Also, see here for Verizon Hotspot options.

Reactions: catfishhoward

catfishhoward

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
Using WiFi to connect your PC to your phone will be faster than your phone's internet connection, so that should not be a performance issue. Doing this would alleviate the physical plugging concern and a decent Wifi adapter can be bought for next to nothing.

https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-wn881nd-pci-express-x1/p/N82E16833704129

Also, see here for Verizon Hotspot options.

I test the speed and more importantly for me that WIFI doesn't use up my 30 GB a month faster then tether?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Regardless of how you connect, the 30GB limit will exist. That is the amount measured between the phone and your service provider, not the amount between your phone and your PC.

Purchasing a higher threshold plan is the only way to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.