Texas Instruments Business System 300A

The system board on a Texas Instruments Business System 300A, System board #
2232022/9901 {A} seems to have taken it's last instruction. Anyone know where i
can find either a replacement board or a reliable method of copying the now
trapped info on the hard drive. Thank You!!

Scott

remove my-wife to reply :)

jk

Is that a notebook? If so, you can buy an adapter kit to connect the hard drive
of the notebook to a desktop PC.

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108

Icrashrc wrote:

> The system board on a Texas Instruments Business System 300A, System board #
> 2232022/9901 {A} seems to have taken it's last instruction. Anyone know where i
> can find either a replacement board or a reliable method of copying the now
> trapped info on the hard drive. Thank You!!
>
> Scott
>

> remove my-wife to reply :)

No, it's 20 year old desktop.

>Is that a notebook? If so, you can buy an adapter kit to connect the hard
>drive
>of the notebook to a desktop PC.
>
>http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108
>
>Icrashrc wrote:
>
>> The system board on a Texas Instruments Business System 300A, System board
>#
>> 2232022/9901 {A} seems to have taken it's last instruction. Anyone know
>where i
>> can find either a replacement board or a reliable method of copying the now
>> trapped info on the hard drive. Thank You!!
>>
>> Scott

remove my-wife to reply :)

Icrashrc wrote:

> No, it's 20 year old desktop.

Oh, my. You DO have a problem.

I doubt there's a simple way to extract the data from that hard drive
because I would imagine it's a proprietary file system, seeing as how their
OS was 'theirs'.

You might contact these people to see if when they say they repair, and
also provide parts for, 'T.I. computers' that yours (Business System 300
was based on the T.I. 990 minicomputer) is included.

http://www.tridentcomputer.com/services.html

The link from which I got that one and that includes a boat load of
information about the T.I. machines (and a gaggle of others)

http://www.spies.com/~aek/orphanage.html

They also note that "Preferred Computer in Houston (800-225-1923 x848)
still repairs 990 boards."

And
TEXAS COMPUTER CENTER, INC.
P. O. BOX 81527
AUSTIN, TX 78708-1527
1-512-837-7339 Ext. 22 (voice)
email: texascomputer@att.net

Says "We specialize in software support for 990 computer systems OS and
DATA RECOVERY."

>>Is that a notebook? If so, you can buy an adapter kit to connect the hard
>>drive
>>of the notebook to a desktop PC.
>>
>>http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108
>>
>>Icrashrc wrote:
>>

>>>The system board on a Texas Instruments Business System 300A, System board
>>
>>#
>>
>>>2232022/9901 {A} seems to have taken it's last instruction. Anyone know
>>
>>where i
>>
>>>can find either a replacement board or a reliable method of copying the now
>>>trapped info on the hard drive. Thank You!!
>>>
>>>Scott
>>

> remove my-wife to reply :)

Thank you. Maybe there's a chance after all.

>I doubt there's a simple way to extract the data from that hard drive
>because I would imagine it's a proprietary file system, seeing as how their
>OS was 'theirs'.
>

>You might contact these people to see if when they say they repair, and
>also provide parts for, 'T.I. computers' that yours (Business System 300
>was based on the T.I. 990 minicomputer) is included.
>
>http://www.tridentcomputer.com/services.html
>
>The link from which I got that one and that includes a boat load of
>information about the T.I. machines (and a gaggle of others)
>
>http://www.spies.com/~aek/orphanage.html
>
>They also note that "Preferred Computer in Houston (800-225-1923 x848)
>still repairs 990 boards."
>
>And
>TEXAS COMPUTER CENTER, INC.
>P. O. BOX 81527
>AUSTIN, TX 78708-1527
>1-512-837-7339 Ext. 22 (voice)
>email: texascomputer@att.net
>
>Says "We specialize in software support for 990 computer systems OS and
>DATA RECOVERY."
>

>>>Is that a notebook? If so, you can buy an adapter kit to connect the hard
>>>drive
>>>of the notebook to a desktop PC.
>>>
>>>http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD-108

>>>#