Text at Startup HP 840 G2

mmitsch

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
I just bought a used HP 840 G2. When I power it on a message appears at the middle-top of the display which says kapsch>>> V2.

Does anybody know what this means?

Laptop is working great but this had me curious.

Thanks!

mmitsch

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Did you personally do a full wipe of all drives in this system, and a fresh OS install?
If not, that needs to be your next move.

"kapsch " seems to refer to an Austrian company, specializing in traffic cams and telematics.

No, I did not. How should I go about doing a full wipe of the drives? I want to have Windows 10 on it.

This message is popping up before the systems gets to the hard drive too. It’s on the splash screen when the machine first powers up. You think it’s firmware?

USAFRet

Titan
No, I did not. How should I go about doing a full wipe of the drives? I want to have Windows 10 on it.

This message is popping up before the systems gets to the hard drive too. It’s on the splash screen when the machine first powers up. You think it’s firmware?
Sounds like firmware.

But for ANY used device 'new to you'...you really need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
No telling what the previous users had in there.

mmitsch

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Sounds like firmware.

But for ANY used device 'new to you'...you really need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
No telling what the previous users had in there.

Yeah, I agree. I can't figure out how it gets there. I am wondering if I need to do something in addition to wiping / reinsatlling.

mmitsch

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Given that text you see, and what I see online regarding "kapsch "....

https://www.kapsch.net/en

Any possibility of seeing a pic of the screen you see?
Upload a pic to imgur.com and post the link here.

I saw the same thing about kapsch on an internet search. Not sure if it's referring to that company. I suppose I should ask the seller if they know about that company.

The link you requested is below.

View: https://imgur.com/15XHjFu

TRENDING THREADS