Question Text blurry when screen is scrolled

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
There is some blurriness when I scroll the screen on my PC, especially with webpages. They get super bright in motion and normal without scrolling. This goes away when I Turn on HDR in the settings of windows, but that is another problem. Turning on HDR in windows settings brings up a lot of problems. The Xbox Game Bar refuses to record the screen and shows an error: "Can't record right now", the games start with negative colours.

So turning On HDR in the settings is a problem too. I have turned on HDR mode in monitor's menu. Turning it to graphics mode doesn't change anything.

Monitor is set to 165 Hz 1080p. Although changing the Hz doesn't help.

Specs:
Acer KG241Q S Monitor
Core i5 3470
Zebronics H61
12 Gb RAM
GT 1030
Windows 10 64 bit October update

I can't record it as in the recording, everything seems okay.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your OS is pending an update if you're not on version 21H1. In fact the issue you're seeing probably due to an OS corruption. On that note, does the motherboard you own have any further BIOS updates? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Using the onboard GPU(iGPU) and display connectors off the motherboard? How do you have 12GB's of ram, 1x4GB + 1x8GB? if so that's unbalanced, you're advised to work with two identical sticks of ram for dual channel to work optimally.

You might want to pull out your smart phone and record the issue you're stating. As for your issue, perhaps use DDU and then reinstall the latest GPU drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

In retrospect, how are you getting 165Hz on a panel, off of a platform that didn't support it even in it's heyday?!?!?!

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Your OS is pending an update if you're not on version 21H1. In fact the issue you're seeing probably due to an OS corruption. On that note, does the motherboard you own have any further BIOS updates? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Using the onboard GPU(iGPU) and display connectors off the motherboard? How do you have 12GB's of ram, 1x4GB + 1x8GB? if so that's unbalanced, you're advised to work with two identical sticks of ram for dual channel to work optimally.

You might want to pull out your smart phone and record the issue you're stating. As for your issue, perhaps use DDU and then reinstall the latest GPU drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

In retrospect, how are you getting 165Hz on a panel, off of a platform that didn't support it even in it's heyday?!?!?!
Forgot to mention that I'm using a GT 1030 GDDR5.
The monitor offers 165 Hz and 144 Hz in NVIDIA control panel with 1080p. I tested the Hz with the UFO test and it is true 165 Hz.

Btw, It is actually 21H1 version of windows 10.

I've tried DDU and even a windows reinstall with a clean wipe of SSD.

View: https://youtu.be/Kylyra2WaC4

Also, the camera didn't catch it the way it looks in real life, but you'll get what I'm saying. Look at the grey text