Text Glitch/Artifacts after installing AMD Catalyst Driver 15.7.1 on Acer Aspire-V

jcdumaguing226

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
So a customer came in today with a laptop of his which initially looks to be having some issues with his Windows 10 not being detected by the laptop. After tinkering with the Boot Order Priority and disabling Secure Boot, the laptop was able to boot on Windows 10. However this time, he told me that there is another issue he was having before the laptop had that boot issue wherein he experiences artifacts and glitches on his screen. After installing newer drivers however, I hit another problem wherein the driver installation cannot properly detect the AMD-based system with an AMD A10-5757M and a dedicated AMD Radeon HD 8750M. Only the old drivers (the Catalyst Control Center versions) were working and all of them seem to be causing the same glitch/artifact issue.

D

Deleted member 14196

Use the Crimson drivers don’t use the old catalyst drivers

jcdumaguing226

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
JUST IN: I tried the auto-detect software and it made things worse the glitch has affected the text of the Windows interface now :( Help me please

D

Deleted member 14196

Then it appears you have hardware issues and you’ll have to take it to a shop or replace it

You didn’t use DDU did you like I told you above? You need to do that to remove all traces of the drivers before installing the new drivers you probably hosed was your windows installation by now

Format the drive and reinstall windows and then before you do anything else— Go get the proper drivers from that laptops website and install those. If that doesn’t work then you have failed hardware

Since this is a laptop it may not be able to use drivers from AMD directly go to your laptop support webpage and download the drivers that go with your laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

Get the drivers from your laptop Support webpage don’t use the AMD ones from their site