Text isn't displayed in the icons nor in programs

Brandon_222

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,
I've been having this issue with my pc, it's simply not displaying any text rather than in some programs ( Netflix, Google Chrome*, and some other). I can type and in some programs it actually appears, in others it doesn't. My pc had never presented this kind of issue and as far as I know every driver it's Up-to-date or at least to the las update for my system. I haven't made any modifications into the system and the only program I've installed recently is Universal Controller. Other things I did had a problem with some sort of virus from a pirate driver I downloaded to check if my Agiler wasn't working because of that and it ended up being a publicity/advertisement virus, which I think I completely deleted from my pc, though I am not 100% sure, if willing too help, ask me any daubts you have.Thanks before hand.

Solution
Do you mean you get no text anywhere or you just don't get it in some programs?

if no where, at startup, on screen before you type you login details, where it shows three icons in bottom right.
Click on power button and before doing anything else, hold down shift and click restart PC
this should load advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

is there still the same problem here?

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you mean you get no text anywhere or you just don't get it in some programs?

if no where, at startup, on screen before you type you login details, where it shows three icons in bottom right.
Click on power button and before doing anything else, hold down shift and click restart PC
this should load advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

is there still the same problem here?

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

What did you use to clean up the virus?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
search cortana for command prompt
right click search result (should say control panel under it) and choose run as admin
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

same commands, dism just a little different. Spacing has to be exact in the dism lines.

Brandon_222

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Wel I had no obtion but to restore my computer to the last restoration point, because the virus level of curruption that it left was too much, and now it's working fine, though it could have been windows 10 last update since the last restoration point was before the upgrade, in any case thanks