Text Messaging to UK

I have been with VZW for about 3 months. One of the things I was most
interested in was text messaging (SMS). Most of my texts are domestic, but
I do have one contact in the UK. She is with Vodafone, VZW's partner
company. We specifially set it up that way. Texting worked great for about
the first week, and since then, I have been unable to send any texts. The
display indicates that the text has been successfully sent, but it does not
get received at that end. Meanwhile, I am able to receive texts just fine.
(Domestic texts get sent and received perfectly.)

Has anyone else had this problem, who might be able to offer some advice? I
have tried repeatedly to get assistance from VZW but they have been useful.

Thanks.

Sahar

"Sahar Shafqat" <sshafqat@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message
> I have been with VZW for about 3 months. One of the things I was
most
> interested in was text messaging (SMS). Most of my texts are
domestic, but
> I do have one contact in the UK. She is with Vodafone, VZW's
partner
> company. We specifially set it up that way. Texting worked great
for about
> the first week, and since then, I have been unable to send any
texts. The
> display indicates that the text has been successfully sent, but it
does not
> get received at that end. Meanwhile, I am able to receive texts
just fine.
> (Domestic texts get sent and received perfectly.)
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, who might be able to offer some
advice? I
> have tried repeatedly to get assistance from VZW but they have been
useful.

> Thanks.
>
> Sahar
>
> --

I text my friend in the Brighton section of the UK all the time and he
is on O2 we noticed Verizon did not even have that service listed. you
have to use the full 0144 then the cell number to get the service
working correctly. The person on the other end may have reached a
certain limit since many of the cell companies charge for incoming. My
friend pays 35p to send and nothing to receive.

Elector

Thanks for the tip! I am already doing that, i.e., entering all the digits
and the international code and access number. I have tried this many
different ways: entering the number in different formats manually, entering
the number from the phone book, sending a text by replying to my contact's
text... None of these work.

One thing made me think, though. Could it be possible that Vodafone UK is
no longer a VZW partner? And maybe this change occured at the same time
that I stopped being able to successfully use the service (~2 months ago)?

Thanks again!

Sahar

"Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> "Sahar Shafqat" <sshafqat@gmpexpress.net> wrote in message
> > I have been with VZW for about 3 months. One of the things I was
> most
> > interested in was text messaging (SMS). Most of my texts are
> domestic, but
> > I do have one contact in the UK. She is with Vodafone, VZW's
> partner
> > company. We specifially set it up that way. Texting worked great
> for about
> > the first week, and since then, I have been unable to send any
> texts. The
> > display indicates that the text has been successfully sent, but it
> does not
> > get received at that end. Meanwhile, I am able to receive texts
> just fine.
> > (Domestic texts get sent and received perfectly.)
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem, who might be able to offer some
> advice? I
> > have tried repeatedly to get assistance from VZW but they have been
> useful.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Sahar
> >
> > --
> >

> I text my friend in the Brighton section of the UK all the time and he
> is on O2 we noticed Verizon did not even have that service listed. you
> have to use the full 0144 then the cell number to get the service
> working correctly. The person on the other end may have reached a
> certain limit since many of the cell companies charge for incoming. My
> friend pays 35p to send and nothing to receive.
>
> Elector

Voda is still a partner in Verizon. Have you looked, however, at trying to
send an e-mail from our phone to hers.