[SOLVED] Textures load slow.

Solution
I have 2 HDD's They have the same capacity of 465 GB, can I transfer everything into the other HDD?
If its Steam the use the built in library feature.

If its not ...

1) Open the games install folder

2) Copy the entire install folder to another location on your PC (not the final destination folder)

3) Uninstall GTA V & RGSC (keep your configs and saves)

4) Reinstall RGSC and GTA V making sure to change the game install location to the new drive (its OK if RGSC is still on your C drive)

5) Run RGSC, log in and let the game start to download

6) Quit the launcher

7) Copy the existing install folder over the new install folder

8) Run the launcher, it will verify existing files then launch the game

Still if you have the...

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Can you provide us with the full system specs and where the game is located ( i mean in an ssd , old hdd etc)?
Its located in Disk C HDD
Proccesor: i7-4770 3.4Gh/Z
Ram: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: Dell XPS 8700
GPU: MSI Rx 560 2 GB
PSU: Stock dell 460W Psu.
SSD: 30 GB mSata SSD
HDD: Two 500 GB HDD's

Its located in Disk C HDD
Proccesor: i7-4770 3.4Gh/Z
Ram: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: Dell XPS 8700
GPU: MSI Rx 560 2 GB
PSU: Stock dell 460W Psu.
SSD: 30 GB mSata SSD
HDD: Two 500 GB HDD's
How old is the hdd can you run a health test (hard disk sentinel) or check the speed (crystal mark disk). Gta v and other games like pubg because the map is enormous dont load the map at once but only near the location you are. If you have a bad hard drive this will happen. Also check the temps of your system while playing. I had same problems with my old system both in gta v and pubg. Problem solved when a bought a new computer with ssd and better components.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzqV2ygQfCk

Last edited:

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
How old is the hdd can you run a health test (hard disk sentinel) or check the speed (crystal mark disk). Gta v and other games like pubg because the map is enormous dont load the map at once but only near the location you are. If you have a bad hard drive this will happen. Also check the temps of your system while playing. I had same problems with my old system both in gta v and pubg. Problem solved when a bought a new computer with ssd and better components.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzqV2ygQfCk
I will try to run a health test now
My GPU temp is around 65C and the usage is 100%
The CPU temp is around 75% with the usage around 35-40%

Yeah, the Disk C health is 33%, while the SSD and Disk H is 100%, can i transfer somehow everything to Disk H?
Your ssd is 30GB you cant fit the game there anyway. The game is more than 70GB. I guess you have windows in your hdd too. Just buy a new sata 250-500GB sata (or m2 if your motherboard support it) ssd. Not just the game but overall your system will be faster rather than this old hdd.

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Your ssd is 30GB you cant fit the game there anyway. The game is more than 70GB. I guess you have windows in your hdd too. Just buy a new sata 250-500GB sata (or m2 if your motherboard support it) ssd. Not just the game but overall your system will be faster rather than this old hdd.
I have 2 HDD's They have the same capacity of 465 GB, can I transfer everything into the other HDD?

If its not ...

2) Copy the entire install folder to another location on your PC (not the final destination folder)

4) Reinstall RGSC and GTA V making sure to change the game install location to the new drive (its OK if RGSC is still on your C drive)

6) Quit the launcher

Still if you have the physical version with cd or a fast internet connection just re install it is always safer.

If the second hdd you have is still 5400rpm and not new you still maybe face problems and will have huge loading time in this game.

Solution

DacheZ

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019

If its not ...

6) Quit the launcher

Still if you have the physical version with cd or a fast internet connection just re install it is always safer.

If the second hdd you have is still 5400rpm and not new you still maybe face problems and will have huge loading time in this game.
Yeah it's in steam, i will try and move it, Thank You!