[SOLVED] Textures Loading Slow

Jun 10, 2021
Please stick to 1 thread
Hey, I have a question and hopefully you guys can help me find the answer. A couple days ago I had a power cut while my pc was on and then after I booted and started playing a game, I noticed a few graphical glitches, Buildings with holes in them so I could see the other side, roads not loading in and I could see all through the world, that sort of thing. Anyway, since then I updated my drivers and restarted my PC and I haven't really had anything like that happen again. However, what I have noticed is that when I am playing a game, textures in the background, mountains, buildings and even ground clutter don't load in properly until I am right next to them and I am sure this didn't happen before, but now it is with every game I have played so far, Death Stranding, Killing Floor 2, Outward and Borderlands 3, some of those games I know are more demanding than others, while some are on the lower end of specs. Anyway, since then I have tried the Intel CPU diagnostic checker and that passed all the tests it could throw at me, fearing it could mean my CPU was damaged in some way, seemingly not. I am using an SSD for all of these games in question, it has around 30gb of 1tb remaining so I am unsure if an almost full SSD would do it and if I just didn't realise the slow textures until the power cut that day. Any help would be much appreciated on this matter. In my knowledge all a power cut can do is short circuit a part rendering it unusable, so my pc wouldn't even register it anymore. But I could be wrong. Thank you.

Solution
What is your motherboard and powersupply?
when you say that your power has cut off during gaming that is the first thing my mind goes to, either the psu is crapping out on you when the system is stressed or the motherboard vrm can't supply the power quickly/accurately enough for the cpu and other components, perhaps thermal throttling? check the temps when gaming and try to recreate scenarios that cause the pc to crash to get a more accurate feel as to why it's happening

You mentioned your ssd's are nearly full, this could be an issue, could even be the reason for stuff popping in while you watch, this is more true for hdd's due to their lower speeds.
Imagine your bedroom was 90% full, i ask you to get those textures i need for a...
Hey, I have a question and hopefully you guys can help me find the answer. A couple days ago I had a power cut while my pc was on and then after I booted and started playing a game, I noticed a few graphical glitches, Buildings with holes in them so I could see the other side, roads not loading in and I could see all through the world, that sort of thing. Anyway, since then I updated my drivers and restarted my PC and I haven't really had anything like that happen again. However, what I have noticed is that when I am playing a game, textures in the background, mountains, buildings and even ground clutter don't load in properly until I am right next to them and I am sure this didn't happen before, but now it is with every game I have played so far, Death Stranding, Killing Floor 2, Outward and Borderlands 3, some of those games I know are more demanding than others, while some are on the lower end of specs. Anyway, since then I have tried the Intel CPU diagnostic checker and that passed all the tests it could throw at me, fearing it could mean my CPU was damaged in some way, seemingly not. I am using an SSD for all of these games in question, it has around 30gb of 1tb remaining so I am unsure if an almost full SSD would do it and if I just didn't realise the slow textures until the power cut that day. Any help would be much appreciated on this matter. In my knowledge all a power cut can do is short circuit a part rendering it unusable, so my pc wouldn't even register it anymore. But I could be wrong. Thank you.
It's most likely some problem with drivers or Windows. I would start with Fixing/updating drivers first.

Jun 10, 2021
Hello, so I posted this subject a while back and due to no answers I am posting again... Recently my power cut while I was playing a game on my pc and since then I have noticed that on many games, (If not all) Textures and small objects such as some rocks/ground clutter do not load in until I get close to them, same goes with textures such as a bush, which will appear as a green blob on the screen until I get closer and then it will load in all the detail of the bush.

I have tried reinstalling Windows from scratch, using the windows recovery panel on my machine, I have also checked to see if my graphics drivers are up to date and they are. I ran a windows memory diagnostics to check if my ram was working fine and that showed 0 problems, I have also ran an intel cpu diagnostic tool to see if that could pick up any problems and still nothing. Could anybody help with this? hardware seems to be working fine, I am getting around the same fps in most games, and as I said I ran a few diagnostics. I am getting rather frustrated now as I am sure that games did not do this since before the power cut, now its all I notice. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Specs are as follows in case anybody would like to know.:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 1060 6GB V RAM
120GB SSD
1TB SSD
2TB HDD

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
What is your motherboard and powersupply?
when you say that your power has cut off during gaming that is the first thing my mind goes to, either the psu is crapping out on you when the system is stressed or the motherboard vrm can't supply the power quickly/accurately enough for the cpu and other components, perhaps thermal throttling? check the temps when gaming and try to recreate scenarios that cause the pc to crash to get a more accurate feel as to why it's happening

You mentioned your ssd's are nearly full, this could be an issue, could even be the reason for stuff popping in while you watch, this is more true for hdd's due to their lower speeds.
Imagine your bedroom was 90% full, i ask you to get those textures i need for a video game so you dive in head first and go looking, you take too long and you get textures popping in after everything else or you could have your ssd 60-80% full and just pull all the data you may need to your bedroom door ready for use, this is the equivalent of the cache on your ssd, you keep the room tidy and you have the extra space to shuffle stuff around and make them easier to find, well your ssd, hdd and any other modern storage device do the same thing.

Forgive the analogy but i hope it helps a little, try clearing some space of your ssd and post your other specs for the motherboard and powersupply

Solution