System Administrator

From: "Ollakal" <ollakal@hotmail.com>

| I am running a TFTP server ( solar winds) on my PC, this morning when I try
| to open the TFTP server, I am getting is message " Canot Start TFTP server, A
| TFTP server is alrady running on port 69" i didnt evern open any TFTP server
| program for last one month, then how can it be, anothe TFTP server can run. I
| uninstall the program, and reinstall it, and try, still getting the same
| error. A TFTP server is alrady runnign on port 69, What do I need to fix this
| problem, please let me know, if some one have a solution for this.
|
| Thanks
| Raghu
| --
| Raghu Ollakal
| System Administrator

Start with TCPVIEW by Sysinternals -- http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
It will show a dynamic, GUI, based view of what program is loading and is using what port
and is connecting to what Internet site.

It will also show the full qualified name and path of the executable loading but will also
show the command line switches that were use to load it.

If is a "strange" or unidentifiable EXE file then you may be infected with a Internet worm
or Trojan and the following Multi AV scanning tool can be used to find and clean the
infector from the PC...

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT